1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarcastic Luck

Because it reinforces thoughts on how I look. Sure. I might know who I am, but the outside doesn't match with the insides, and that ain't fun.

2. Hexagon

If you'd like to stop telling people how to deal with dysphoria, sure.

3. Fiddledeedee

Hm. Would an okay comparison for telling a trans* person just to feel good about themself when others misgender them, etc., be telling a depressed person just to be happy, or a paralysed person just to walk?

4. Sarcastic Luck

In my opinion, yes. It always pissed me off to no end when I told someone I had clinical depression, diagnosed at five, and be told "Well, everyone gets depressed sometimes".

5. Nick07

That's not how it works, Hexagon. We are not going to measure our dicks and fight who is more experienced.
    You can either think about what I am saying and if you disagree, tell me your opinion, or you can put me on your ignore list.

In fact, [removed]used to be on my ignore list for a week or two, because 90% of his posts that I read were complains about how the world was not fair.
    Guess what, life is not fair. And I care about [removed] too much for having him on my ignore list and not trying to let him think "out if the box"

#9845 Nick07, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
  6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Guys can you calm down?

Also, I don't think it is necessary for others to know who was on your ignore list, and talking about other members who are going on your nerves isn't appropriate either.

7. Hexagon

We are not measuring dicks. I'm simply saying that its not as simple as deciding to have a good day. And I mean this with the greatest respect; it is difficult for someone who is cisgendered to understand.

And I'm not going to ignore anyone. I was telling you my opinion.

(Mirko, I'm not ignoring you. I think this was suitably calm.)

This would be an excellent comparison.

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I left for half an hour...

Edit-

I fucking hate how something as simple as getting dressed has to set me off like it does. Or buying coffee. I honestly just want one morning where I can wake up and not spend a long stupid moment slowly realizing I'm female bodied. I can present male, remind myself I'm male, but the reminder's always there and will be until I'm in a position to change it.

I can't simply get over it. I can forget about it. I can manage a good mood despite it. But it's like a remora on my arm, always there. And sometimes, that remora's all I can think about.

Advising helped. I now have a better idea of what to do and what my options are. My assignment is to take all the options I currently have, examine the pros and cons, and see what comes of it and what option's the most feasible.

---------- Post added 14th Oct 2013 at 02:39 PM ----------

Agreed. Again, I bring back the remora. You can't make the remora go away just by pretending it's a gold fish.

#9848 drwinchester, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
  9. Hexagon

In the spirit of reconciliation, and the fact that she's so adorable, I just had to share this:
    [​IMG]

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

:3

--

I'm leaving campus in an hour. I probably should eat but I'm not in the mood.

11. Miss Loopy

I'm thinking it's time to stop drinking after thinking this thread said "What are you drinking?"

12. Hrantou

Now that sounds like a thread I can get behind! :grin:

Oh I'm kidding.....mostly

_______

And today, no matter what I do, I just can't get myself to like how I look. You know those monsters in video games? The ones with like, 2 heads and are like 50 feet tall with giant clubs and low intelligence? That's like...me. Everyday now.

On a good note, at least I might get out of the house today...might put me in a chipper mood :slight_smile:

13. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I'm in your class. I've been referred to as Mr. I'm not a bloody her. >:|

14. Hexagon

Here, have some fudge I made yesterday.

*gives fudge*

---------- Post added 14th Oct 2013 at 11:00 PM ----------

Pear cider. Well, I'm not actually drinking it, because I have college tomorrow, but the bottle is on the other side of the room, so I could if I wanted.

15. Bolin

I wish I could shut off my thoughts every so often.

16. Hexagon

Only problem with being in europe, the damned hours :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Night guys.

17. timo

I like that thread already.

18. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yup...not passing.

Damn me and my overly helpful behavior. I could've passed if I hadn't opened my mouth.

19. Abbra

If it were, I would be making many more declarations about how everyone is a "pretty cool guy" and would probably have more political opinions.

20. Aussir

Dear lady: your house is a :***: pigsty and the fact that me and my SO have to go to public showers because your bathroom is a stinky pool of piss and shit should tell you how you are living. Amazingly, you still do NOT clean anything but proceed to cry around me and telling me how ashamed you are.

If you're ashamed, then pick up the :***: cleaning items and start clearing the pigsty you live in instead of drowning your face in cognac and wailing in a corner. Get some spine and call social services because you need help and your husband needs to be institutionalized! **

:tantrum::tantrum:

How many times does my SO and me have to tell you this to the face so that you wake up?
    We're not too worried though, lady... we're helping you for the last time... if you fail to keep above the surface, it's YOUR problem and we told you this.

Once you get his diagnosis, we know you WILL wake up... then we'll see if you keep swimming or drown completely. It's your choice lady and we told you this... all of us... everyone has been telling you to wake the hell up...

We have already accepted and resigned to the fact that you'll probably just drown in that cognac... or do you think that the whole family just hates you, lady?

No, we don't... we just got fed up of fighting for a lost cause. You don't listen to anyone, not even the doctors, not even your own family and friends.

That's fine then... we'll let you do your thing... and you can moan about all of us hating you when in fact, you just don't like to get the truth in the face and hate us for telling it.

After this, you're on your own, lady... and you have been warned about it already... so... WAKE UP!

**It's not possible for family to call social services on other members of the family. It's idiotic but that's how it is. She has to call them herself... or we would have already a long time ago...

#9860 Aussir, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.