1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarcastic Luck

I don't recommend it. It's a hard enough class as it is. The intro to biochem, you might be able to.

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

My mother found a local LGBT chorus. Chances are she's going to put me out to join.

On one hand, LGBT.

On the other hand, chorus. Singing. With vocal dysphoria. Fun times.

So no. Not going to work.

3. Hexagon

My mother is trying to do the same thing to me. I might point out, though, that there are some benefits. Since its an LGBT chorus, they might have voice coaching to help you with passing your voice. My nearby choir do, and if I were pre-T, I might go for the purpose of having that help with my voice.

4. Gen

Gen

Rock My World Into The Sunlight!!

I never realized what she was really talking about in this song until recently.

I love it so much more now. ; )

5. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While the sleepover at the LGBT* center went well for me, aside from having a rough night's sleep, again it's like I have mixed feelings whether any friendships will come out of my experiences there. The people I want to get to know better seem to like and comfortable around me enough, yet don't invite me or go out of their way to know me better, at least check in with me. Maybe things would've been different had I been going to the center for several years as they have....

Also, after the extended conversation I had with the coordinator yesterday, I'm still wondering about what my, eventual, back-to-college plans will be. I'm completely stuck on whether I want to go to film school and hopefully get in touch with likeminded people, make connections and whatnot in a structured environment but at the same time I've gradually more-and-more been attracted to the idea of going for something in psychology. If I did the latter, I'd perhaps like to work with people one-on-one, but don't know in what specific function or career. On top of that, would I still try to pursue filmmaking by trying to get in touch with those sort of circles in a given city's artistic community? [And if I did, would it mean that pursuing psychology, beyond my personal desire to study it more in depth, is a waste of resources.]

Too many thinkings.... :eusa_doh:

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I didn't think of that. But now the idea has some merit...

I'll look into it...

7. Hexagon

I think my role in any group is to make sarcastic comments that few understand.

8. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I was so caught up in watching FMA and coding that for a few hours I forgot who I saw when I went in for my psychiatrist appointment today. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure she didn't see me. (I'm not even sure she would recognize me if she did since I look different from when I did then.) If she had...I'd probably have turned into a sobbing mess in public.

I'm never going to be over her, am I?

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oh man, we could be brothers. That's me.

10. Hexagon

Damn, you've put me in a difficult position. I have to choose between a sarcastic comment and expressing brotherhood...

11. Sarcastic Luck

Damn. That describes me, too.

12. MerBear

I hate myself sometimes for just opening my mouth,

13. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should do what I did and take a vow of silence, I'm going on week two ^,^

14. Gen

Gen

This is for undergraduate right?

If so, than have you considered double majoring in both to begin with?(Oreven major/minor)

I plan to double major in Psychology and Screenwriting( Though I haven't decided if I want to do anything else in film other than simply the scripts so I might just change it to a minor so I can pick whatever classes I want). Anyway, Psychology majors can be useful in many ways other than professional practice. It is actually considered the most flexible study. Personally, I don't plan to practice professionally. My study in Psychology is going to be on Behavioral Neurosciences, which goes more into the actual study and philosophy of the mind rather than preparation for clinical practice.

I would recommend studying both because an upper level degree in Psychology will always be something solid and easy to fall back on. Film is a bit more of a risk, though it has the possibility to grant you plenty of success. If you study in the Behavioral sections of Psychology, they will compliment each other well as having a better grasp on human emotion and reaction will definite be useful in film and script production.

15. MerBear

I'm a talker though sadly. I went a whole day without talking though :grin:

I Said that because I become an asshole to some girls ...when i shouldn't be.
    Im very critical of myself.

and That's really awesome ..i wish i could do that :frowning2:

16. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Presumably, though I wouldn't rule out pursuing Psychology as a Graduate. And the coordinator actually made brief mention of the idea of taking both, as well as some other people I'd been talking with earlier. I might look into that, though if I decided on pursuing filmmaking as my primary passion, I'd think I'd prefer a more film/arts-oriented college or university due to the sheer number of people I could network, personally and professionally in a number of respects.

We did also touch upon the fact that a Psychology degree can be extremely useful in a number of areas and I can't deny the idea of job security isn't in my thoughts, admittedly I'd say personal satisfaction and interest motivate me slightly more than the former. As long as I could live reasonably comfortably working on the projects of other people's or my own, I would be fine with that [however I'm aware it'd take considerable effort just do to that in even independent circles.]

In a sense, my reasons for wanting to get involved with both seem completely opposite. Film as a means of personal expression, Psychology to potentially aid others [professionally and/or personally] as well as myself. Since, with the latter, I'm very interested in various conditions, personality theories, therapy/analysis and the like though I haven't studied it extensively, yet. Though, as you mentioned, I definitely think that Psych. could be helpful to draw from in a number of respects.

I don't know, it's difficult to think, even abstractly, as there seem to be so many things I have to figure out in addition to all this. -___-

17. Gen

Gen

This video is my life!
    (He is a bit eccentric and mind the language if that is one of those things that annoys you.)
    [YOUTUBE]xq_T2MfhCqY[/YOUTUBE]
    I know exactly what you mean. And I am pursuing a graduate education in them as well. The only reason I asked if this was for undergraduate is because continuing with two studies in graduate school takes a lot more effort than in undergrad. I didn't know if you were going to have a job as well or be completely full time, so I didn't want to recommend anything that wouldn't be manageable.

It usually just takes some time of sitting on your aspirations. I'm sure things will clear of after you have some time to dwell on your decisions.

18. Hexagon

Lol. Stereotypes much, but about 50% of my thoughts during that vid were 'that guy is SO gay'

19. Gen

Gen

I told you he was eccentric. Lol

20. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Going to be offline until at least Sunday.I have my family reunion tomorrow at a beach and I am spending the night camping their with my cousin and other relatives who have sites near by. Sunday is my second cousin's first birthday and then I get to go home either Sunday night or Monday morning. ;3 Hope it doesn't storm to bad this weekend, I don't want to have to come home early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.