1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martin, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That is insane! Not sure how you guys can pull that much and not go completely nuts!

Good luck with your interview!! :slight_smile:

2. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just beginning to use one of the job search engines the college career center recommended and already feel slightly uneasy, though not overwhelmed. So many part and full-time positions that the question of whether I'd be hired or not aside, as well as whether I'm qualified, I can't help wondering whether I'm capable of handling most of them.

For some reason I'm also beginning to wonder if it isn't lazy of me to want some sort of artistic career, specifically independent filmmaking. Granted, I'm aware that going to film school and trying to make a career afterward are not easy but in comparison to others, I wonder if I'm just trying to side-step considering any other career for which, to me, the schooling might be too much for me to deal with. Then regardless of that, I can't help feeling that such a career is selfish as well, as so many others are capable of helping people [depending on the path one chooses] whereas artistic ones seem to have limited, demanding, audiences [and I'm not even talking about the general public.]

I don't know, just have a bunch of things floating in my head lately and this is the most recent.....

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2013 is definitely off to a great start! Just got invited for a phone interview! :grin:

4. Hiems

Congrats! I was offered two Spring semester jobs, which are grading lab papers and being a recitation TA for general chemistry. I'm not too afraid of the former, but the latter has me nervous because I have to review the stuff that I forgot from gen chem. Nevertheless, I'm happy that I've found some work :slight_smile:

5. Colours

I'm so stressed. I just want to sleep, and nothing else. Might as well just do that. Those deadlines and exams can wait, I suppose.

6. Jared

Having one of my off days. Mostly just wishing that I had a more accepting family and could be open with them. Usually it doesn't bug me, but it really is right now. I guess it's harder now that I have a boyfriend not being able to mention him when I talk to my family really sucks.

7. Bolin

♪[Boy] I wanna be with YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~ TONIGHT!♫

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I was helping my mom in the elementary school. We have some books that the barcodes aren't quite right on... Here are the best two.

1. A book called "World War 2". When you scan the barcode, it comes up as "The Big Sneeze".
    2. A book called "California". When you scan the barcode, it come up as "Night Crawlers".

So, according to my mom's computer, WWII is the big sneeze...

9. timo

Look, I'm really happy for you that you have a boyfriend, but please stop whining about how you won't be able to see him for the next three weekends. It's not the end of the world. He lives 10 minutes away from you and you can see him every other night of the weeks to come. And no, you can't moan about how that's only dinner but you can't spend the night with him because of work. At least you fucking have someone to be with.

Sorry for the language and the rant but I needed to get this out, even though this makes me seem like an insensitive jerk.

10. Kieth11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm thinking that I should be reading my history book, but I'm not...

11. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why don't all women love boobs!?!

12. That new Bowie single (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) really is pretty.

13. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

Another bad day. You know, as bad off as I was on meds, I'm starting to think that I really am worse without them. At least I've finally almost convinced myself I have depression like they keep telling me.

14. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :tears: <-- If I could just do this, I think I might feel better. In the meantime, the messy, crazy, anxiety-ridden mess that I am will just sit here and try to not think about dying...

In other news...Big Bang Theory is on. Penny is darn cute...

15. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think I am over my depression. like I haven't been depressed in a week!
    Woot!

16. LiquidSwords

Yeah I wish my sister would shut up everytime she has to go more than 24 hours without seeing her boyfriend :bang:

Yeah I liked it too.

Haven't had the best day today, had a three hour exam on contract law :icon_sad: Discussing how the exam went afterwards this kid asked me how I was getting on with the coursework due in tomorow, only I never knew we even had coursework :icon_redf:bang:

I've got until 2PM tomorrow but whatever I hand in is going to be terrible, I really need to keep on top of this stuff!

At least the exam went well, I think.

17. redstormrising

I wish people on the subway would have a firmer grasp of spatial relations. If there are x inches of space left on the (bench-style) seat and your ass is 2x inches wide, YOU WILL NOT FIT.

18. Bolin

My sister didn't hook up the PS3 after she was done with the X-Box.... >_> I'm too lazy to hook my ps3 up myself, so I'll just have to wait till tomorrow I guessssss.....

19. Equalist

Equalist Guest

A while ago, I BS'd practice AP questions in my AP Chem class for extra credit, and I meant to go back and correct them since I knew most of them were wrong; however, I never did. I honestly forgot to do so.
    Today, I go online to check my final grade for first semester. I finished with an A, so I am ecstatic. Then, I go to view all of the individual assignments, and I can see at the end where she inputted the final extra credit points. Next to my score is a small note from my teacher telling me that my AP questions are very disappointing and that she insists I come in and go over them...

I feel so stupid. One of the worst feelings for me is when I disappoint intelligent people. I know it's not a big deal and I have a valid reason for it. I mean, come on, I ended with an A in the class, and out of all of her 50 students, there were maybe 4 A's total. I obviously did something right. Blah, I still can't help but think that she probably believes I'm lazy or flat out don't know what I'm doing.

20. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went to the hair salon earlier and the hair stylist... who I usually find fun to talk to.... really annoyed me. He went on about how I need to learn how to do makeup and asked if any men asked me out. Ugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.