1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some ways people have invalidated your sexuality or gender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tre, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Amdukias

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah. the superskinny-superandrogynous-superbeautiful-100%passing-transboy-cliché just fucks me off. I'm not passing at all cause of my genes, family situation and because I'm in recovery from I'm eating disorder I'm also unable to lose weight to "become more passing". I just fucking hate it.

Today my teacher told me they just can't label me as a boy in School, because I "look like a girl". guess what? I know that. I fucking do. And if I could I'd do everything to just become more masculine. But because my physical and mental health means a lot to me I have to deal with looking like a girl for the next few years.

2. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    come on, I look like a girl as well. and it's quite annoying... I mean, I don't hate my face, but if it wouldn't be the reason of misgendering, it would be okay. if you know what I mean.

3. nxtjxn

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My best friend constantly rubs it in my face that "I'm a girl". Once, after I shaved my head she even told some people (with me right by her side) "She did it so she could look like a boy but she still looks like a girl". She pretty much doesn't get it and doesn't want to make the effort to be more open minded towards my reality and what I feel. When she does refer to me with my pronouns she always does it almost ironically which isn't any better.

Because I haven't told a lot of people, not a lot of people had the chance to invalidate my gender. However, I never felt any hostility from anyone about my sexuality except from my mom when I first told her. My mom is really open minded about most things and she wouldn't care less if I got in a relationship with a girl but, when I told her, she still felt the need to say that "it might be just a phase, seeing how you're in your teen years". It was three years ago. I've known for four (counting the year before that and the three afterwards). I don't think it's a phase, mom.

4. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    happened to me as well <. < I don't want my (dubious) sexuality to be proven by men who have problems with reading profile information. ._.

And here's indeed tat good question, why is beauty being sexualised... and gendered?? if someone has long hair and makeup, it doesn't automatically make them woman. in case of any confusion or doubts, there is profile information that says who are you looking at. and if someone looks pretty, it doesn't mean they want sex with everyone around. come on, world.
    not that I feel beautiful or something, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it's just totally depressing to see how others mistreat us because "they know better". I'm sick of it.

also, I must confess I also tend to save pictures of people I find aesthetically attractive, but I can't even imagine doing... ekhm... this while looking at them. :eek: it's quite creepy and distasteful to me :x

#64 Mahidevran, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017