1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are Likes??

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by DannyBoi66, Sep 8, 2013.

1. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Um, I clicked on my 'Notifications' and realised that one of the notification categories is 'Likes Recieved.' Can anybody elaborate what it is and how to use it? I'm sorry if this is an obvious thing that everybody should've known.

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that's an optional part of the forum system that Martin has decided not to use for reasons that have been stated (I forgot where to find said reasons, but I remember reading them). Basically, this is a support forum and having "likes" on someone's account and having a smaller number of "likes" on another can lead to the user of the latter account feeling worthless.

I've posted on another forum that uses this system, and for that forum, it works greatly. But that's because of what that forum is for, which includes advice. And having a lot of likes on a certain post, especially if it's the OP can give the message, "Hey. This is some great fucking advice. Definitely food for thought."

Basically, how it works is there's a button next to the "quote" button on the bottom of someone's post, labeled "like". If you deem that post worthy of clicking the "like" button, you can do that. That then adds to the amount of "likes" that post has, which you can see at the very bottom of that thread.

And then when you have "likes" or you give "likes", those add to your statistics.

3. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Oh, ok, I understand. Thanks for explaining it to me! :slight_smile: