1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are Feelings Even

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Username26, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Username26

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Alright, so I've come to terms that I'm mostly straight, but I could be bisexual; mainly because I've delved far too deep into the idea of homosexuality. I just noticed that quite a lot of people online say their heart leaps out of their throat; their knees turn to jelly or their palms clam up when they see their crush; this has never happened to me throughout all of the crushes I've ever had (which is more than you would care to know) and I wondered if perhaps it was merely because I'm too young; they're exaggerating; or I simply don't have those feelings, which is not something I want. None of my peers have ever claimed to experience anything like this (sweaty palms, jelly legs, etc.), and I do get flustered around members of the opposite gender, not so much the same gender so my heterosexual feelings are definitely stronger; I am physically, sexually, and romantically attracted to members of the opposite gender; I find them less irritating, but for some reason my palms don't sweat, my knees don't knock together, etc. I feel really stressed out about this and I don't know if anyone else feels the same way. All that happens is I stare when they're not looking, red-hot contact (you all know this one, probably, unless you're asexual or something else), staring-into-your-soul (Ditto), I breathe funny sometimes and my heart will beat faster but not race or anything. Relatively weak and generic in comparison to the online descriptions. Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:. Thanks so much!

2. Aki

Aki

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    feelings are different for everyone, and it's alright to be unsure of them. personally, I don't feel weak in the knees. if I've caught feelings for someone badly, my stomach will feel like it's sinking. if they touch my hand or something my lungs feel like they'll pop. nothing is wrong with you, we all experience things differently

3. wickedwitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello Username26:

I've "been around the block a few times" and I don't necessarily think everyone feels this way. There are lots of ways to be attracted to people and lots of things that we can like or dislike about them. Sometimes the people that get under your skin the most are those who you realize you like in a quiet sort of way.

I think it's important to remember that you don't need to pin your sexuality down - sexuality is prone to change in both direction and intensity in my experience and that's perfectly normal.

Cheers.

4. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like you do op. I’ve never had those intense feelings that some people describe.
    I do get flustered and faster heart rate, as well as starring. I’m gay though so I’ve never felt these feelings for the opposite sex.

Don’t worry about it. Everyone expresses themselves differently.