1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are currently reading?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AndyB, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Currently I'm reading Renegades by Marissa Meyer, The Exile and the Sorcerer by Jane Fletcher, and Whispers from the woods by Sandra Kynes.

2. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel.

3. DRobs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Slowly reading The Frontiersman by Allan W. Eckert.
    The book is based on letters and research of the colonial times and follows the life Simon Kenton who is a historical figure in the time of America's early expansion. Daniel Boone is one of the characters in this story. It's interesting but long read. I'm 1/2 through and am on page 350. I'd call it historical fiction-ish.

4. Loves books

I'm reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer for the millionth time. I'm making my way through the Harry Potter series again for the millionth time. I'm also re-reading Butch Girls can Fix Anything by Paula Offutt. I'm reading short books available on kindle unlimited. I like Mia Archers books, they aren't the best books ever but a fun read. I'm eternally grateful I'm no longer in high school because by the time I was finished I would have mudered Shakespeare if he hadn't already been dead, for making me suffer through three years of studying Romeo and Juliet and two years studying Macbeth. I had to read Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry. Sick of it after the 10th time. Lies of Silence was the only book set in my own country and I didn't want to study a slow moving book about a guy being blackmailed to blow up the hotel he worked in. At least my sister got Brooklyn. I also studied Purple Hibiscus which was okay. I hated school texts they were always so boring.

5. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    "Is Wrestling Fixed? I Didn't Know It Was Broken" by Bill Apter.

6. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been reading (actually rereading) some Nero Wolfe mysteries, written by Rex Stout. It's always fun revisiting Nero Wolfe's world, even though I often know who the murderer is.

7. Loves books

I'm reading my diary from ten years ago nice to know I knew I liked girls. Back then I thought I was bisexual and imagined the scenarios of coming out. I was spot on. I'm also reading Baileys Run. I should stop reading books set in certain places Australia is my No.1 country to never visit. Followed by Africa ( the entire continent). Now Memphis sounds bad.

8. DRobs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in Africa right now. Have spent 5 years here on the Horn - NE portion of the continent. Need to go see more.
    Have you read Christopher Rice's (Anne Rice's son) books? His early books were set in New Orleans.

Mardi Gras / New Orleans is still a city I'd like to visit. Been trying to get down there for the past 10 years. Seems you need to reserve rooms a year in advance or more.

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Great Gatsby.

10. merry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Brené Brown has some really great stuff out there, braving the wilderness is about self and connection to community. the power of vulnerability has helped me immensely in understanding myself and learning to love wholeheartedly. i am listening to it a second time and taking notes, journaling along.

Amanda Palmer’s the art of asking is fantastic and so is her art. the book, a memoir, is just so good, i couldn’t put it down. it taught me so much about myself and relating to others- not just in relationships but in all facets of life. how to ask and accept help and to realize how much i love to help others. it reminded me about how open and free i felt before settling down to have a family, and in a way reconnect with myself and how important it is to share all of myself with my family.

11. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ophelia by Lisa Klein