1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well Nevermind then

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by catoptriclenses, Jul 15, 2013.

1. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I apologize for this being so long and ranty :icon_redf

As a few of you may know, I was planning on coming out a week or two ago.In the last few months she has seemed more accepting about homosexuality so I thought I would just go ahead. I was still adamant in the desicion until I talked to my mom a little bit.

Long story short, we were talking about gay people in general and I thought I was getting through to her(in helping her understand it better) until she told me that "if any of my kids ever tell me they want to experiment I wouldn't believe them for a minute."

Woah, what?

She won't even say if they were gay, just that if we wanted to "experiment." Like what is that? I definitely do not want to experiment. I know who I am and what I want. I couldn't tell her that of course because of what she said(or at least not at the time) so just sat there in disbelief as she went on about it. According to her, the fact that she has seen us all in relationships means that we can't possibly be gay. Not just that we were in relationships but that she saw chemistry and apparently that can't be faked. Oh I know it can be, I've done it.

Using my brother as an analogy, I then went on to ask her if she would just go her whole life not believing him if he came out and how hurtful that would be. She just said that he would eventually realize that he was just disillusioned. That's just heartbreaking to hear.

I would have talked to her more but I had to leave. I would also bring it up again but I don't want to push the issue as she has asked me in the past if I wanted to "experiment."

I was so ready and now I'm just so....not. I hate lying to her but now it feels like I don't have a choice.

2. sammy1

Aw that sucks i would probly cry right then and there if my mom was in complete disbelief about the possibility of any of her kids being gay :frowning2: what makes heterosexuality so right and being gay so wrong or a 'phase' is what i wanna know

3. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was honestly fighting back tears but I knew that if I cried I would give myself away. As soon as I got in my car and drove away I did burst into tears.

I wish I knew the answer to why people think that too. She is very religious and I thought Christianity was supposed to teach love and compassion, not this.

And I know that not everyone who is religious is like that but that's just how she is.

#3 catoptriclenses, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  4. sammy1

Yah i dont blame u! Its too bad we live in a world where 'coming out' is such a big deal.

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whenever I feel close to coming out, my parents pull this same crap. I'm so sorry. D: