1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird friendship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheEd1996, Jul 7, 2018.

1. TheEd1996

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have this friend (let’s call him G) that studied with me last semester in Chemistry Class. The first day of class out of knowhere he started talking to me. In the course of the semester sometimes he acted like he wanted to be my friend but other times he acted like he wanted to be alone but after a short period of time I started to hangout with him.

Sometimes a used to see him stealing glances at me, another day I invited him to eat after class but he said he was busy after that when almost everytime he got out of class he used to say “I’m so hungry” and we used to walk together to our cars.

We even went for the movies one day to see Deadpool 2 but we went alone because our mutual friends from class bailed on us. We had a good night (I know it wasn’t a date but it sure felt like one). That day he went very well dressed with a lot of perfume on him. When we were walking from the movies to our cars he told me “I liked the movie if someday you want to see another movie invite me”.

After that we went next week with our friends to the movies and then to a bar. After we left the bar the group was talking on the parking and at one time I sai “I fell like I’m a little bit drunk”. Suddenly he got mad and acted as if he was protective of me, he said: “if you know you have a long ride back home ¿why would you drink?

The next day the group was going out so I texted him to see if he needed us to save a seat from him to which he said “I think I won’t be able to go, had to go to a supermarket to help his dad “his dad owns a farm (no they're not rednecks, he’s from a rich family) after we got out of the movies the group told me to send him a text because we weee going to another bar to which he didn’t reply. On Sunday that week I texted him to see if he was going on the vacation trip the group planned because my car broke down and I needed to go with someone to which he said “don’t know if I’m going but I’ll text you tomorrow. The next day he never texted back.

After that he started to act really weird. Since he couldn’t go to the trip I felt kind of bad so I invited to a basketball game but he said “sorry can’t go I’m gonna be working from Monday to Sunday”.

I got really mad because I thought he was avoiding me. After a really hard week I kind of exploded and wrote on the groups chat (said things I really regret even if it wasn’t a direct message to him).

Side note: He’s very masculine. I’m also very masculine but I’m bisexual. I don’t know his sexual orientation but he has said that liking someone from your same gender is not wrong. Plus one day we were talking with a friend of ours and her cousin and after a long conversation he told my friend “you should treat your boyfriends the right way or theyvmight leave (he said it while staring at me).

After things got weird I’ve been really confused and depressed.

Could he be into me???

2. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is very possible that he is attracted to you and that your relationship something more than friends. However, it is also possible that he just really likes you as a friend and you are reading more into it because you want him to be attracted to you.
    Unfortunately this is one of the special problems of same sex attraction, where do friendships end and relationships begin? There is no way anyone here can tell you for sure one way or the other.
    It's not an easy thing to do but if you really want to know the answer you will have to find out from him. If he isn't interested and it all goes wrong then it's inevitable anyway, now or some point in the future. If he is into you though then now is a good time to take this on before things get more complicated or someone else comes along. Ultimately it's your call.

I'm saying all that with the assumption that you want a relationship with him.

Finally, farming is a totally respectable career, so it's not a reason to embarrassed of dating someone - rich family or not.

3. Maddox232003

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wellll... Sounds confusing. I think more like he is clingy of you and sort of want you to himself but on the other hand... maybe he is confuse? Who knows. Maybe like the spark that make people confuse about sexuality when they see someone they are attract to so yeah... Maybe invite him for a drink or sth and put down all the cards and have a serious talk. It might end up disaster but depends on you. Whether you want a relationship with him or not. Is all a huge risk bet but the results might pay off or it might not but we just can't say for certain.

TheEd1996 likes this.