1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wearing compression shorts day(safe/healthy?)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ECMember, Mar 15, 2018.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is it healthy/safe to wear compression shorts all day as underwear? I don't want to get a blood clot/stroke from wearing them all day. I wasn't sure if there was health risks, I did read something about formwear having some health risks but it was referring to women's spandex clothing.

I recall a friend of mine wore a pair of Under Armour compression shorts as underwear a few times but I wasn't sure if you could wear them all day.

2. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not really a good idea. It's meant to be worn for a few hours at a time not all day every day. It can eventually screw with your body's blood flow circulation, and even constrict arteries to the point of a potential serious blood clotting problem if you do it every day for months.

#2 Niagara, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    PatrickUK likes this.
  3. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I had no idea. I mean Under Armour or Nike don't refer to those health risks of compression.

I don't wear compression shorts everyday, I was only asking.

I thought they could be worn as underwear because I've seen boxer briefs that have spandex material like compression shorts but looser, I guess those are more "safe" to wear all day

Niagara likes this.
  4. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a friend who did wear compression shorts as underwear in high school, but he'd only ever do it every now and then. He never told me about any issues he had, but if there are health issues like Niagara said, you should definitely keep those in mind.

5. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am unaware of the risks of it. I mean I recall a friend wore a pair of Under Armour compression shorts as underwear a few times.

I wore compression shorts for two days during my spring break mission trip this month. I didn't notice anything serious. I mean I didn't have a stroke or a blood clot.

Though with what Niagra said I'll be cautious about wearing them.

I'll use them for working out or my "solo time"(catch my drift).

Nike and Under Armour and Champion and all athletic clothing companies need to put a disclaimer on the risks of wearing compression all day.