1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We gave each other rings

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by G1969, Apr 20, 2009.

1. G1969

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As many of you know, Jim and his boyfriend have been planning on giving each other rings. What a wonderful thing, isn't it? Gosh is his bf ever a lucky guy! Oh wait... I'm his bf. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Yep, sorry guys!

I thought I would start a new thread as the one that Jim started a couple of weeks ago may fall ignored. Jim may very well recount the evening in his own words but I'm sure you won't mind reading this beautiful stories from two individuals who have found themselves AND found each other under quite remarkable circumstances. You know much more about Jim than you do about me, as I've only posted a few times on EC. Let me simply confirm that Jim is a truly extraordinary person. He is the epitome of goodness and I am absolutely blessed to have him in my life.

This weekend was a wonderful one. We were both "kids-free" and as you know, we had decided to exchange rings that we had bought for each other. On Friday night, we had a nice candlelit dinner, with filet mignon and a nice red wine from the Niagara peninsula, while one of our favourite singers, Diana Krall, was serenading us. After the main course and one bottle of wine down, we moved to the living room with some fresh strawberries, a chilled Moet-Chandon Brut from Epernay, and some dark chocolate truffles, and that's when it happened.

The MOST beautiful and meaningful moment of the evening that I will always cherish (and that brings tears to my eyes) is when Jim kissed the ring and put in on my finger. It felt SO incredibly good. I did the same. And it felt SO incredibly good. Sliding the ring on his finger was a beautiful feeling. That is certainly a moment that will remain engraved in my memories and I that I will "re-live" in my mind often.

The exchange of the rings obviously symbolises a lot to both of us. Our relationship is based on solid grounds, with passionate love for one another certainly being an important aspect. We enjoy each others' company tremendously. The weekend was a continuity of events (as always) that kept feeding on our love and commitment for one another. Thank you all for sharing our happiness. :icon_bigg

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This was a beatiful thing to read, and you two are blessed to have each other :slight_smile:

3. Jim1454

Aww - you did this as I was posting mine! That's so sweet! (*hug*)

I love you, Sweetheart. And once again - Happy Birthday!!!! :eusa_danc

4. Jay

Jay

As I posted in the other thread, I am just absolutely happy for both of you, seems like you guys came a long way until you found each other and it's a blessing to have someone to love and rely on. :slight_smile:

Congratulations =D

5. tm74

tm74 Guest

Really glad to hear that you made a special night to remember for exchanging the rings. So good to read the story of two people clearly in love, and from both points of view.

6. katie

thats so beautiful! im so happy 4 u both.
    x

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so happy for you ^_^ Good luck :grin:

8. aerwolfen

congrats G1969,i love your story,i have had great advise from jim and you truely are blessed to have a great man on your side,i wish the very best for you two,and hope one day in the future ,i too can feel the complete happiness you both must be feeling for each other,thanks for sharing your side of the special event,very romantic indeed.

9. Greggers

"Mommy, when i grow up i want to be in a relationship as beautiful as G1969 and Jim1454 have!"

10. KittyBoy

That is so sweet! Totally romantic! You two are so lucky to have each other!

11. Eleanor Rigby

You'll have one baby, I'm sure. Just give it some time. (*hug*)(*hug*) Mom

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greggers, you will have a wonderful relationship with another guy at some point in your life! It will happen! (*hug*)

Thanks for sharing. I'm so happy for you guys. You guys give hope to all of us who are still single! Congrats you two! :slight_smile:

13. EM68

That's a great story guys! I hope I am lucky and have a relationship like that some day.