1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was I low-key outed?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GreenRoses, Apr 8, 2019.

1. GreenRoses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, I wasn't sure if I should post this in Coming Out Advice, Sexual Orientation or General Support and Advice, but I had a brief confrontation about my sexuality at lunch. (I'm in college).
    It wasn't exactly about my sexual orientation.
    So I came into lunch and placed my stuff at our friend group's table. They say hi. And 1 friend, the same one who blatantly asked me "do you like vagina or penis?" a month or so back says something like:
    "Hey. You have a cute ####### profile."
    And I say, "Thanks.....??!"
    I created a profile on ####### a while back. I had the app on my phone, but after feeling disillusioned about trying to date, I took the app off and never logged back on since maybe Christmas or Spring break.
    I also forgot that I set my profile to be seen by non-straight people. And 1 Friend isn't straight. They're also neurodivergent/slightly extroverted so Did they say that to call me out or just "Hey. Your profile's cute."
    I'm just posting this because I don't know what to make of it. Was this low-key outing? Was this, hey we're noticing something/gaydar kind of thing? Or just what happened?

2. Jaimequestions

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dont think it was a complete outing. It also depends on your type of friends. If my friends would say that i would just say they were being dicks and fire back with something else.

3. GreenRoses

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, you're right. I don't think they meant any harm by it. I think I was just so taken off guard that I probably wouldn't have had a snarky comeback.