1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want a Girlfriend... Don't know how to meet people

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Unknown737, May 27, 2018.

1. Unknown737

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I really want to start dating. I was wondering if anyone has some ways that I can start this. I was wondering how I can start meeting other girls who want to date girls.. Not sure if this is a stupid question or not... Just need help/ideas:slight_smile:

Love4Ever likes this.
  2. amylase

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    definitely get involved in things in your city, because you may be lucky and come across another girl who likes girls!
    of course you can always get on an app, but use at your own risk lol, everyone has their own opinion on them. (although i think they're helpful if you're not in an area where you feel comfortable being out)
    if you're comfortable being 'out' in public, put yourself out there! there's definitely times where lesbians seem invisible, whether they're more 'straight looking' or shy or whatever. confidence will draw people to you!
    best of luck! :grin:

kkou and Love4Ever like this.
  3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am looking to date too! I am not out though so don't know how to go about It yet either. I want to come out though because I don't think I currently look like a lesbian and I want to be able to start "putting myself out there" as amylase said. I don't know how to meet women though so I fear that will be a challenge. I will be moving soon though so I am looking to basically get a fresh start presenting myself to new people.

kkou likes this.
  4. normalwolverine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Age and location matter when asking this kind of question, because the main option for meeting women offline is going to a lesbian bar. But not everyone lives in an area where such things exist, and some people do live in those areas but are scared to go because they're scared other people will find out or they will see someone they know or whatever reason.

Second best option for in-person is being in school and joining LGBT organizations and doing to some of those events. Or if there is a local college/university that is open to non-students participating, find that out and go to meetings and events. Some do have open events. When I was in grad school, there was a "Coming Out Group" that was open to anyone who was interested, and it did mainly end up being students from my university...but one of the facilitators was not a student (though he'd received his Masters degree from there), and one of the group members was not a student.

Third best is lesbian/bisexual groups that arrange meetups on the site Meetup, but there's also a location--and probably age--issue with that, as well.

And obviously you have all the online options.

Honestly, the average lesbian (and bi women) that I've seen in a relationship met their girlfriend online somehow, and it wasn't always the crappy dating apps. I met all my exes online. It was always either sites like this one or sites that had nothing to do with being LGBT whatsoever. I have met many lesbians naturally in person, i.e. at school, at work, been to a lesbian bar, LGBT orgs, but I was really never into any of the ones I met. I am also not interested in going to lesbian bars. I've met a couple of women at jobs that gaydar was telling me a little something and I liked them, but they were always supervisors or something like that and one was married. I don't mess with those kinds of situations.

Meeting people in person is usually everyone's preference, but being gay, les or bi, your in-person dating pool is going to be a lot more narrow than it is online, unless you live in LA, SF, NYC and places like that. But I do see school, lesbian bars and work pop up the most for where women meet their girlfriends aside from the internet.

#4 normalwolverine, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018