1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Videos and Books to help my mom understand what im going through? (FTM Trans)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MusicIsLife, Apr 21, 2013.

1. MusicIsLife

Hey guys,

So my mom is finally becoming more receptive to my being trans. She's still not exactly accepting, but she wants to understand, which is a step in the right direction.

She has decided she wants to look into more stuff about being trans but I told her i'd find stuff for her, because I dont want her to try on her own and stumble across boys dont cry for example, or the detransitioning blogs, because I do not want to scare her. shes already really worried about my safety.

I was thinking of showing her some ftm transition vids from youtube, theres one of a mom answering common questions, as well as My Transsexual Summer and Boy I Am--another documentary I really like, the only issue with the last one is it also deals with lesbians who believe ftm transitions are a fad.

As for books, I have a few--Parrotfish, Beautiful Music For Ugly Children, I Am J and Luna, but none of them really work when it comes to my own experiences and I'm not sure if I want to show them to her. If you guys have any other suggestions let me know.