1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video games you'd like to see turned into movies or shows?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hemlock, Dec 1, 2014.

1. XEBOBLADE CHRONICALS XENOBLADE PLEASE just anime or a movie i don't even care just give me more xenoblade :slight_smile:

2. Romi

The problem here is that too often when books or games are made into movies....everything goes horribly wrong. However, if everything went wonderfully right for once, I wouldn't mind seeing more Final Fantasy movies.

3. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem is maintaining the spirit of the material. The very first Silent Hill movie was fantastic because everyone worked hard to maintain the spirit of the games. And I loved every minute of it. However, Zenithfilms is currently in production of Silent Hill Requiem. Let's see how that works out. It looks good from the trailers. The next is Tomb Raider featuring Angelina Jolie. I loved the first movie. The second was iffy. But the first remained true to the spirit. Dual gun wielding acrobat going into ancient places in order to dangerous relics or keep them out of the hands of evil people. Plus, Lara had the best butt and tits in video games at the time of the PS1 era. Being an 10 years old and getting turned on by Angelina as Lara. She clearly delivered. (Fan service.) But all that shits-and-giggles aside... as long as the spirit is true, then the movies work. Of course, some movies have just failed.

-Street Fighter with Jean-Claud Van Dam (I liked it... but uh... it was conry as hell)
    -The Mario Bros. (I will never speak of that movie again)
    -Blood Rayne (sucked)
    -Resident Evil series with Alice. (Apocalypse was good. But they all really sucked)
    -and many more

I haven't seen the Assassin's Creed movie that has been out for a while. I wonder how that is.

Plus I'd like to see Splinter Cell series as movies. But... without Micheal Ironside as Sam Fisher... it would be weird as hell.

4. Willard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, a movie of Far Cry 3 would be awesome. Although I would like it more if it wouldn't be an animated/liveaction movie, but just a normal movie with actors. I would prefer that with any movie or show made from a game.

And that would be awesome too, especially if they use Steven Ogg, Ned Luke and Shawn Fonteno as Trevor, Michael and Franklin.

And in the line of these games I would love to see movies/shows turned from either one of these games:

Far Cry 2,
    Just Cause (either 1 and/or 2 doesn't matter, as long as they put in lots of action and stunts),
    Mercenaries 2,
    Driv3r,
    Driver Parallel Lines,
    Driver San Francisco,
    Mafia II,
    The full series of Saints Row,
    Sleeping Dogs,

And of course the Assassin's Creed Series, but I recently heard there will be a movie of Assassin's Creed. Although on IMDB one of the trivia says that the movie will not be following the storyline of any of the games.

5. RikkuOrihara667

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. And Final Fantasies 7, 8, Crisis Core and 13, 13-2 and Lightning Returns plus all of the DMC games. I would love to see love actions of them.

6. RikkuOrihara667

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Meant live action -_-

7. Hizaki

There's no better place that could've slipped out XD

8. Images and Words

Super Mario Bro... oh, wait

I would quite like to see a Dark Souls movie! It would be somewhat scary!

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The first Mortal Kombat film wasn't too bad. As a kid I liked it, at least up until the final showdown in Outworld, because it felt sudden and rushed. But everything leading up to that was fine, and kind of cool.

I wouldn't mind seeing another Mortal Kombat film, but kept fairly simple, and within the timeline of the original trilogy. To me, those had the strongest cast and best plot -- which even the creators seem to agree with, since they kept going back in time to that era, at least in the games.

The Super Mario Bros. movie isn't a masterpiece but, having gone back and watched it, it's kind of interesting to see what they were trying to do with it. A lot of stuff wasn't handled properly, but it's a fascinating film to look at it... if only they put more care into the execution of it all.

The Resident Evil movies had potential, but the Alice character ruins it. She is the epitome of a 'Mary Sue' (Google it, if you don't know), and made the films predictable with what was going to happen. Yes, I know, usually, the good guys prevail, but there is a point where it's really, really, REALLY obvious they're going to win.

Street Fighter really needs a good film, which should be possible. Hell, the Tekken film isn't a 4-star piece of cinema, but it ain't bad for what it does do. The fight scenes all, for the most part, look fairly decent.

Sonic the Hedgehog could also be a decent film, but only if they borrowed from the better sources, like the Saturday morning cartoon. It has the potential.

Though not technically not just a video game, I'd like to see them tackle the Maximum Carnage storyline from Spider-Man, which was a pretty fun game. It's based off the comic book arc of the same name; it'd be nice to see Carnage receive some love.

10. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Genius! I see what you did there, :thumbsup: