1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Games that made you cry?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by VaultBoy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. badluckfairy

Final Fantasy IX and X.

The ending of Evil Zone on Kakurine or Setsuna's story mode. It's the music.

I also felt a little bit sad at the start of Croc when you see the King Gobbo in a cage.

2. RedSwiss

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Drakengard3.

Damn musical cues and their emotional impact, combined with sad storyline.

3. RikkuOrihara667

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The ending of final fantasy crisis core. I have the game but watched the cutscene movies and teared up at the end

4. JayWalker

JayWalker Guest

The Walking Dead. I've only every cried at two things that aren't from other humans. A book I read years ago that I can't remember the name of, and the Walking Dead finale, Season 1.

5. Notlad

Aeriths death Final Fantasy 7.

Heavenly Sword. Multiple times.

Those are the only two I can think of easily. .

6. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people
    Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors
    Every time a character that i like dies, (pretty much 80% of every character who had a death scene) i start crying. A few times there were deaths that i ended up needing to take a 10 minute break before moving on to the next story.

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I can't remember if I've posted here or not but Infamous 2 is a game that left a huge emotional impact on me in terms of story. I think alot of it was the music, combined with the atmosphere and just my general appreciation for the game. Far Cry 3 is also a powerful game with some personally emotional moments for me yet I've still yet to come across the game (or show, movie or etc) that hits me hard enough to actually draw tears. Aside from that I dunno alot of other games I play are fighting games or RPGs where the emphasis is more on the experience than the story itself. Lets see what else have I played that was actually pretty sad and story-heavy. Well The Last Of Us is the big one that comes to mind, which is a game that just didnt wow me in alot of ways like it seemed to most people. One thing I can say in it's defense however is they did a great job with the story and characters in that game, they were empathetic and well written enough to hold my interest, though the ending in that game is sad in a more clever and elaborate kind of way than you might expect going into it. Finally Arkham City, which may come off as a bit of an odd choice, despite a few flaws and plotholes that threw me off a bit, comes down to a pretty solid and heavy ending that left a big impression on me and just gets better every time I watch it. It intentionally leaves you with this weird, empty feeling that I love, and the creepy soundtrack they play that just sort of echos in the background as the credits roll, adds alot to it.

8. Centore

Centore Guest

The end of Assassin's Creed IV was actually pretty sad when Edward sees all of his dead friends.

9. davidguitar20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    the walking dead season 2 episode 1. when the dog got impaled :'(

10. majorburt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It didn't make me cry, but I stopped playing spec ops- the lline for a few months after the napalm thing about half way through the game. It was a bit too messed up for me to just keep playing.

I've since finished the game out of curiosity, but it was rough.

11. RickyTricky01

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard to make me cry, but... Videogames know how to do it! I cried when i played The Last of Us, in the middle of the game when Ellie was talking about her life after reading the diary of a teenager, She said that she felt really alone and i know that feeling, everytime a game, Book, Movie... talks about loneliness i just feel sad because when i was in primary school i felt really alone, and... I cried when i was playing Beyond Good & Devil when the aliens kidnaped the kids, i cried with To The Moon and A Bird Story during the whole games... Maybe i'm strange but i don't cry when something happens in my life, i cry when i read a book, play a videogame, watch a film...
    *I'm sorry for my english, i'm italian and i don't talk in english everyday*

12. Lazuri

That was a fantastic scene. I know the intro of the game get's the most creds, but that scene is just perfect and both Ellie and Joel's voice actors hit the ball out of the park. Every time Joel says "Ellie!... You are treading on some mighty thin ice." I get chills. Perfect line delivery.

13. RemakeJake

I actually don't know if a video game has ever made me cry. I'll have to think about that one!

14. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 made my eyes water lol. The ending really got to me.

Also, older games like Super Mario 64 or Legend of Zelda just because of the nostalgic effect :slight_smile:

15. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would have to be telltale the walking dead season 1 & 2 for me especially when luke died

16. badluckfairy

I cry at the water level of Super Mario 64 (Dire Dire Docks) because of the music. It brings back a lot of nostalgic memories. :slight_smile:

Edit: And it's an amazing tune! :grin:

17. YunoGasai

pokemon shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i know its pathetic XD

18. 101DeadRoses

The endings of Bioshock 1 & 2, and CoD 4 MW's ending. I keep re-playing CoD, but I start a new game everytime I get close to the end, because that way I can just pretend that nobody I like dies, and Zakhaev just dies right outside of town in a drunk driving accident... Yay for imagination!
    But seriously, after recently falling madly in love with Gaz ( my favorite character) I'm not even gonna try to do the ending again.
    Also, I'm writing a character based loosely around Gaz. Because I love him. A lot. In case you couldn't tell.

19. HornPF

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Probably, the only game I have shed a tear. The music tears through my heart, especially after defending Pegasus Bridge.

http://youtu.be/VUC0U6_P6Dk

20. NDark

Mystery Dungeon. Red and Blue had the best reuniting scene, Time and Darkness had the best EVERYTHING, Sky had the best sad Special Episodes (ah, the Defend Globe and Proud Accomplishment themes!), and Gates to Infinity had the best goodbye!

Hopefully, we'll get the next installment of PMD soon!