1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentines Day/Gifts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taken, Feb 4, 2016.

1. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My girlfriend and I won't be able to celebrate valentines day on the actual day due to our jobs. So we plan on having our little celebration (cooking at home and a nice quiet evening in) a few days late. Anyways, she's not big on exchanging gifts and is in between jobs at this moment, so I don't think we will be buying each other anything. However, I do want to make her something or even get something that is personalized. I am a hopeless romantic, but she's definitely the opposite of me when it comes to that. So I want to do something that she will like and not terribly cheesy. I have no idea where to begin though... Looking for suggestions?!? Even if it's like a food idea to make, or something that I can hand make but not look like a child did it... help a sista out!!:lol:

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

If you don't want to get her a gift-gift, you could maybe set up candles and flowers and make everything look really nice and make her favorite meal to surprise her.

For gifts:
    If you're into drawing, you could make her a flipbook (when you flip the pages it looks like a cartoon) and have it be about you guys or even just hearts turning into balloons or something, there are ideas online for those you could look up

Make her some jewelry if she likes that or buy a plain mug and draw something personalized on it: DIY Painted Mugs - That Won't Wash Away {Craft} - Glued To My Crafts

You could make her a little scrap-book or collage of pictures of you guys and cutouts of things you guys like

Maybe make her a cute origami thing if she'd like something small like that (they're actually not that hard if you find good instructions)

Clothes are always good too

I don't know if these were helpful or not but good luck! I'm sure she'll love anything you get/make for her<3

3. tscott

1. Pink or red heart-shaped cut-out cookies

2. A spa day a home...scented bath with rose petals, facial, mani/pedi, massage

3. An English tea...little, crustless sandwiches - cucumber, ham and butter; scones with homemade whipped cream and strawberry preserves; shortbread

4. Pink post-its (they do have heart-shaped ones) scattered throughout the house, in drawers, the closet, the car, books with quotes about love.

5. A coupon book of things you'll do for her upon her redemption...trip to the zoo, a foot massage, a favourite movie and hot chocolate, etc.

4. boogitron

boogitron Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    make a strawberry pie, in icing write i'm yours.

5. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the great ideas, everyone. So far I've got a few things. I have a gift card for a massage we've been talking about getting for a while so we are actually going to go and have that done. Then for dinner she will probably cook something but I'm making a heart shaped cheesecake (our favorite) with strawberries (her favorite). Also I bought a gold dipped rose and going to get her some flowers. I haven't quite decided how to present the rose to her just yet. It's a real rose that's been dipped in glass to preserve it and has gold accents on the leaves and such. I hope she doesn't think it's too cheesy.

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    That's so romantic. She's lucky to have you.

7. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I love this girl and she's worth every bit of it. I need to figure out how to present the rose to her and how to decorate the cheesecake. Because I'm kinda dorky and we watch the bachelor together every week, I'm thinking about the "will you accept my rose" line. I want it to be something personal between the two off us.

8. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    aww that's not dorky at all that's sweet