1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Us Michiganders

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Water lover, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Water lover

Water lover Guest

So over the last couple of years I have noticed something. Where I seem to go on the internet there seems to be a disproportional amount of us out there. Mabye this just me being crazy but I have been playing on a lot of different game severs and I found roughly 5-10% were from Michigan. That seems insane to me. Also on here I have seen atleast six people that say they are from Michigan when seems really high. So this post is about,"has anyone else thought it seemed like their personal state was over represented online. I understand my views are probably just me remembering Michigan people more and there not being a disproportion but it's just weird/funny to me.

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe it's because the roads suck so bad that we avoid them and just play around here. LOL. The fact that we have high unemployment doesn't hurt either. Heh.

3. Water lover

Water lover Guest

True lol I hate the roads in my county. They are rated worse than Wayne county. Instead of re paving the road in my town they just let it turn into pea gravel.

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The roads are ridiculous. I've noticed that myself but I think it's just because I pay more attention when people say they're from Michigan.

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I enjoy being around Michigan LGBT people because we all know how hard it is to be who we are. Macomb County here...

6. ThePrideInside4

I live in Michigan. I never meet anyone in real life that's LGBTQ. But I meet a lot online.

7. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi fellow Michiganders! :grin:
    I've met a handful of LGBTQ people around my hometown, though I don't really see the disproportionate representation online. Maybe I'm just not out there enough to see it. Probably.

8. Water lover

Water lover Guest

Honastly I have probably seen five lgbt people in real life in Michigan lol. I have travelled all of Michigan too.

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another member from Michigan here, I grew up near Traverse City, went to MSU, now I'm in Baltimore. I do miss the place, but jobs were so hard to come by, I had to move. I'd love to be back up north, though, I miss all the lakes, the forests and wildlife and how clean it was there.

10. xplodingpassion

i'm from Michigan

11. Zack F

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A lot has changed over the few years this has been sitting here. Lot of people not afraid to be out anymore, at least where i am.