1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update Regarding the Phobic Parents..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BeeVee, Jun 18, 2022.

1. BeeVee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I said I would keep you all updated, so here goes..

I had a therapy appointment on June 16th, and it went rather well. Both my doctor and "family" are in for a rude awakening. A psych doesn't do evaluations for me to go to a mental hospital. People will laugh at my family if they even try and send me somewhere. My therapist even said that I was of sound mind, that I am able to make decisions on my own. But I told my dad that I got "evaluated" to get him off of my back, and he goes, "So, you can get a job now right?" It doesn't quite work like that bucko. I still have social anxiety. I applied for SSI, so that's some income for me. I don't know when I will get it, but I will (hopefully), I have an attorney (pro bono), so there's that. I still can't believe my dad straight up looked into my doctor's face while we were on the virtual call and goes, "We don't support this." I was almost in tears when he said that. That is when I went off. Talking about my doctor, I wrote her a message today saying that no one or no family member has the right to sit in my appointments anymore. They didn't even have permission to begin with. And I also told her that whatever I say and you say stays between us. My family doesn't need to know a thing about what goes on in my life, especially when they don't support me. I told my doctor that I wanted a flat chest and my period gone because that is what makes me most uncomfortable. Eventually down the road I will want bottom surgery, but I didn't tell her that.
    I still feel so very uncomfortable living with my dads. Everything was fine until I decided to come out to them. Maybe I should have just kept it to myself and continued being unhappy. But I feel like that would have put me in more of a depressed mood and I wouldn't have been able to come out of it. Other than all of this, I am doing okay. Things are starting to look up for me in a way. I just honestly wish my "family" would leave me alone and let me figure things out for myself. Things don't happen overnight..

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So sorry your going through this you need to focus on you and tune everyone else out.

3. BeeVee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's easier said than done, unfortunately. If I tune everyone else out, it may cause me to lose a place to live. I can't have that right now. So I'm literally just stuck for now.