1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update: Crush is confusing me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by hiM, Aug 19, 2021.

1. hiM

hiM

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is the original post; read this first
    https://forum.emptyclosets.com/index.php?threads/crush-is-confusing-me.486399/

I’m heartbroken but I guess this is me tapping out and just moving on permanently. I guess it did seem that he liked me, I don’t really think any other gay person would’ve thought any differently. But, I recently tried to reach out to him to have a conversation and just catch up and talk about things.....but he’d leave me on delivered for an entire day and completely ignore me. So I’m assuming he didn’t wanna to talk to me or was completely annoyed. After a day went by of no response, I did the one thing nobody wants to have to ever do which is finally hitting the block button. I’m not sure how I’m supposed to move on since I’ve had these feelings for over 4 years. There’s nobody gay here (that I know of) and I’m constantly feeling lonely as I see my straight girl friends texting all kinds of guys and dating around. I’m sure I’ll be fine at the end of the day, but I know it’s just going to be hard to fully let go. :frowning2:

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am sorry that this has upset you so much. I think that blocking him for not answering in 24 hours was an over reaction (this from someone who blocked over 50,000 people on one social media platform - seriously, I kept a list so I know how many). I was engaged to someone and they would often take over 24 hours to answer a message from me, one time they went over four days without answering. Some people are just that way, especially with someone that they are only distant friends with.

As far as how to get over this. For one you need to realize that you were never anything more than casual friends, whatever your own feelings towards him were he never indicated anything more than friendship with you. Also, at 17 you have a lot of time going forward to develop relationships with people. At almost 60 I have recently developed a decent relationship (at least so far I think so), throughout my life though I have spent years at a stretch without any sort of relationship. You need to get outside of yourself, try reaching out and helping others. I know with the pandemic this is much more difficult but any time you spend concentrating on other peoples problems is time that you are not thinking of your own.