1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure of my Gender Identity and I need help please?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CoffeeMug, Feb 28, 2021.

1. CoffeeMug

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello!

Sorry for the delay, work has been hectic. For what you said, I understand where you're coming from, but I truly am opening up and explaining everything, therapy just unfortunately worsens my condition. I have what's called MDD, or Treatment Resistant Depression, where all medications and talk therapy does not help my condition. I was finally diagnosed with it this past summer, and I knew for a while I had it but no one really listened to me and what I was going through until now.

I have a fantastic gender therapist that I'm pretty in sync with, but yeah most therapists just don't work for me because I end up knowing what they know already about me, and they end up just passing me along because what I talk about/feel is too confusing or complex and they need me to go to a higher level of care (and the higher level says I need higher levels, and the highest form of care says they can't help me). Currently, I'm seeking out TMS treatment as well as trauma therapy to help alleviate what I have.

As for my gender issues, I actually just thought of a good name for what I am and who I am, and that has brought a sense of peace to me for a little bit :slight_smile:

2. CoffeeMug

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    YES! I FEEL THIS SO MUCH!! I feel like me spirit itself is one thing, but my body doesn't agree with me!!

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you have to deal with this. :frowning2:

4. Cape

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I've always felt that way. Our tangible bodys are limited but our spirits are infinite. It seems like you are very aware of this and perhaps that's why you're struggling with being at peace within your body.

What helps me is not focusing on my body so much. Instead I focus on being as much my true self as I can be. My body has little bearing on who and what my spirit is. Instead I see it as a vessel that is conveying my spirit through this life. I need to take care of my body and love it, because it is my vehicle for experiencing life. But it cannot fully reveal my true self, it is too tangible for that.

I'm sorry if this reply is a bit too nebulous. This is just how I see things. It helps me to know that I am so much more than my body. And that I can show who I really am best by loving my true self and being intentional about walking in my spiritual identity, rather than my physical one.

Hope this helps you.

5. Digdogger

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,

I'm new here and unsure of my genderidentity myself so I don't know of how much help I can be.

I just want to add to the discussion that I think it's a bit weird that your friends would say that you probably have ASD or BPD instead of genderdysphoria... because even if you did (and I'm not saying you do offcourse), the two wouldn't exclude each other.
    On the contriary actually; ASD and genderdysphoria are a well known combination.

#25 Digdogger, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2021
  6. Digdogger

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you know the book: ' Hermaphrodeities '?
    It's written by a transman & pagan called Raven Kaldera.
    After Reading the above quote I thought that you may enjoy it and Maybe it could even be of Some help to you.