1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsent Letters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nilaw, Jun 2, 2022.

1. Nilaw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

I believe everyone has somehow an unsent letter somewhere. Things that needed to be expressed but not told.

So go ahead, this thread is for every single word you wish you could say to them.

2. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just wish you cared about me as much as you pretended to at the start. At least then you could have given me some kind of goodbye. It's so painful slowly losing relevance to someone and being powerless to stop it. Charming me and sweeping me off my feet for your own gain then totally dropping me when you didn't get what you wanted is not okay. You treated me badly, and as the months pass by an insignificant thing for you has become a source of deep pain for me.

So yeah. I just wish you cared. Cared enough to not put me through this in the first place when you knew I had issues. I'm not a plaything, I'm a thinking and feeling human being. I wish you'd treated me like one.

3. Unidentified

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m not sure if this counts … and it may be a little depressing (trigger warning, for some)

I keep a diary of all the suicide notes I’ve written over the years. The only ones I no longer have are the ones connected with actual attempts (in each of those cases police and ambulance were called to help me, and they kept the notes). But for decades I would wake every morning having to convince myself not to end it all - and somehow those notes represent to me that I persevered and how far I’ve come. I’m glad they remain ‘unsent’ and unread - though a part of me wants the parts where I came out as my authentic self to be read and understood by those I care most about.