1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ughhhh... waiting on my full membership approval or unapproval :(

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by igoloo2946, Apr 14, 2014.

1. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's somewhere inbetween. When I've been in the chatroom, I often see members I don't recognize pop in the list for about 30 seconds, then vanish. Also, lots of the time, people step away from the keyboard for a few without changing the status if it's slow in there, so they may not even notice someone came in until a few minutes later. And I think the activity in the chatroom usually starts around evening UK time, and finishes up when people on the N. American West Coast are heading to bed. If the room is quiet, I will usually see greetings from people in the room within a minute or so of someone entering, but although it sometimes happens, people don't generally stop a conversation to greet someone new to the room.

Generally, when joining the chatroom, if there's a conversation in progress, it's a good idea to issue the command "/back 30" so you can get an idea what's been said.

2. Butterfly72

I look forward to becoming a full member and joining in the chat room. :thumbsup:

3. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I've been one of those people who pops in and out because the chat thingy made a noise and it startled me. Now I'm too scared to enter. I might if I see someone I know.

It took me like a month I believe and that was back in February of 2014, but I had joined May 2013. And that was right when people started to notice the "slowing". I think at one point I stopped checking in for like a week because the suspense was killing me. When I came back I was a full member. About a month. Now that I am a full member I am equal parts non-support and support forum. I don't know the whole process, I'm just glad they take their time. Making sure Full Members are really here to be supportive.

4. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Thinking this has probably been asked before. (Sorry, practically never in Feedback.)

But if, for whatever reason, your full membership application is rejected after consideration, would you be notified personally by a mod or some such? Or would you just never hear anything at all, leaving you to either wonder or pester a mod for an update?

Trying to toe that fine line between being randomus anonymousus and Public Nuisance #1. :grin:

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

You'll be notified whether if they accepted your application or not :slight_smile:

6. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Thank you, sir. :slight_smile:

7. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to add to that - they'll also usually give a reason why your application was declined. And iirc, they may make suggestions on how to improve to get accepted if you apply again later. I'm sure a mod will correct me if I'm wrong :slight_smile:

8. RainbowMan

Yeah, we've sadly been taking about 3-4 weeks to review full member apps. This is something that we're actively working on to get the time down, so please be patient.

And yes, you'll be notified if approved or rejected, and if rejected the reasons for the rejection will be laid out generally. Don't read too much into it taking a long time, though - everyone's does.

9. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Fine, your experience is different than mine.

I find the chatroom very cliquey- and I'm not the only one who feels that way. (See Firesmoke's post above, and many other members have said the same thing about the chatroom).

I've been a member of this forum for almost 2 years now, and have never had a positive experience in the chatroom except the one time it was just me and a few other newbies to the chatroom and we made sure everyone felt welcome and was invited to participate in our conversation.

Despite being a longtime EC member, I still feel like an alien in the chatroom, I feel like I am intruding on the 'clique''s private conversations.

Every other time I've entered the chatroom, there's been ZERO attempt made by the 'clique' to try to engage an 'outsider' in their conversation. They can't be bothered to interrupt whatever conversation they are having to even say hello to someone they don't recognize. If anyone ever said hello to me, it was usually a staff member.

For those of who are shy and introverted rather than outgoing extroverts, the chatroom can be a very unwelcoming place. Some of the times I've gone in there, I've ended up feeling more lonely and depressed because despite my best attempts to try to engage in conversation, I'm pretty much just ignored as if I didn't exist. So I don't go in there anymore, because I don't need to bring back memories of high school- virtual version- where I am excluded from the cliques and left to feel alone and isolated.