1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Two Heterosexual men to marry.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Loves books, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Loves books

So apparently important news in my country is two straight men marrying each other to avoid inheritance tax. The whole country knows they are straight it’s on the news. I think the basics are someone wanted to leave his carer his house, however since they aren’t related the inheritance tax would be huge so they are marrying. I wonder how that idea came up in conversation. The story is actually kind of sweet, They’ve known each other 30 years and are best friends. The older man couldn’t afford a carer and he thought the only fair thing to do was to leave his friend his house, which would have have to been sold to cover the tax had they not married. He didn’t want to leave his friend homeless.

2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting. I remember before same sex marriage there had been examples through the decades of someone adopting the other person.

3. LetsGoNow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That is quite smart and some creative thinking on their part lol.

4. Obliteratrix47

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Apologies for the spam.

It's strange, but I'm quite impressed of how smooth move they did, no sarcasm intended. Wonder if there are other straight men/women who are married each other. Well, I'm proud and happy for them for helping each other by being married together, even if they're not in love.

5. Persion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Despite my parents not being very supportive of LGBTQ+, I'm in 100% support of this marriage being LGBT+(I'm the T and A).