1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tw: suicidal ideation. Bad thoughts are back :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rayland, May 25, 2023.

1. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same and I can get a job, but it's usually only with very low pay and where I'm over qualified and you're basically a slave or I can only get a contract that don't offer any protection, that you know you get payed for your work and have insurance too.

Thank you. Not many think that though. I've been told that it's lazyness and there is no effort put into it.

This is true. I do eat things like buckwheat and eggs and greek yoghurt and love fruits, but the whole grain stuff usually taste bad for me. I feel like I have a childs appetite. I do need to get back into drinking lemon water in the mornings, because it did give me something. It is beneficial. I drink a lot of water, because of my kidneys and coffee is something that takes water out, so need to limit that too. I drink tea in the evenings. It seems like all the vedgetables are expensive and I don't like many of them or am not aware how to prepare them well, so they taste good.

Mihael likes this.
  2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was the same with my job too. I was paid little and there was no protection or insurance. Idk, probably it just is like that. In my country it's called "garbage contracts", the ones without any protection or insurance, and they dominate the job market.

I'm thinking... maybe you can ask proffessors at university if they know if you could do an internship somewhere? The first jobs are always the most difficult to get and then you gain connections and gets easier.

Because many people don't use their brains at all. Excuse me. If they have a wrong first impression based on assuming that life is the same for all other people, they never question it and don't let information that says they're wrong into their consciousness.

It's okay, diet is a very individual thing, everyone has their own unique possibilities and tastes. I can't eat the whole grain stuff either, it makes me nauseous. Maybe herbal teas can be okay for your kidneys in addition to regular tea? There are lots of teas in different tastes. With vegetables it really depends what you like to eat and which vegetables are not expensive. The more local ones are usually less expensive, so in our part of Europe it would be: potatoes (hm, not much of a vegatable), carrot, celery, onion, beetroot, tomatoes (although these have been hell expensive recently?), cucumber, peas, beans, corn... (the last ones can be canned). Cabbage. I like to make soups or other "one-pot" dishes. Goulash. I eat a lot of risottos, but that's because of the gluten. And I've been eating "buckwheatotto" recenty as well, basically buckwheat with feta cheese and a bit of dried tomatoes and a red pepper. It's also important to balance carbs and fats and proteins in each meal to not have cravings. But one way or another, diet is very individual. There is no one size fits all solution. I prefer boiled vegetables to raw, the raw ones make my stomach hurt and give me some nausea. I mean, when you said you have a taste like a child, this is what I thought about, that you dislike strong tastes and have a problem with nausea, wierd textures and uncooked, dry food make it so much worse.

#22 Mihael, May 28, 2023
    Last edited: May 28, 2023
    Rayland likes this.
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm. I'm looking for a good site with recipes and true, lots of them have very harsh tasting food or something expensive like hummus and avocados. Bruh. I don't even think it's healthy to eat so much imported vegetables, they're not fresh, and it's healthier to not always eat the same thing, so seasonal local vegetables and fruit are the best. Or the recipes require a lot of effort. It's not the purpose to get you cooking 8 hours a day *rolls eyes*

Rayland likes this.
  4. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly even something like beans on toast with some salad leaves thrown in is better than nothing. Meals don't have to be complicated to be healthy.

Rayland and Mihael like this.
  5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my country I think it's called model contract in English. Spas use it for example. There are also places that pay you in an envelope, what means that you avoid paying taxes and it's illegal.

Yeah. I'm going to think about it and see, if I find something. Right now I'm happy with a seasonal job too.

Thank you and it does seem like it.

I do drink herbal teas. I have special tea, just for helping with kidney issues.

Yes it is the weird textures for me. Like For example I can't eat beetroot, because it's just don't go down and makes me nauseus. I like raw cabbage, tomatoes and turnips. I do prefer other vedgetables to be boiled or steamed. I do like things like hummus and carrots, but I didn't like avocados. It just tastes like tastless watery pumpkin to me. I know people say it's good for you, but also it's said it's full of fats and also they are expensive. I do like vedgetable soups.

Beans on toast would be just too weird for me texture wise, though I do like baked beans. I don't eat them or for example corn, because they are not common food to buy.

I like spicy foods and I can eat raw bell peppers too. I do like cucumbers.

If I'd have to pick favourites, then it's cucumbers, tomatoes, turnips and cabbage, that I can eat a lot raw or also when cooked.

Cinnamoon likes this.
  6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know, there are also broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts can be added to a soup. I mostly eat broccoli and cauliflower in soups too. I can't eat too much at one time, and I can eat a whole portion of cooked beetroot, carrot with peas or sauerkraut.

Vegetable soup with addition of meat or some legumes can be very good.

And if you like spicy food, you can check out Chinese, Korean and generally East Asian cuisine, it's full of ideas for balanced meals with rice or pasta, meat and vegetables. I love spinach the Korean way so much. (although it has a a strong smell and is a bit wiry even cooked, so idk if you like it)

tomatoes, cucmbers and cabbage sound like greek salad. Or you can have it with white cheese. You can also add raddish to white cheese.

Anyway I'm just throwing around ideas. I'm huge on soups with meat or legumes and on Asian cuisine too, it makes me feel good and satiated for a long time, causes no stomach or nausea problems. Home made salads can also be a tasty way to eat vegetables and make you satiated for a long time.

Rayland and Cinnamoon like this.
  7. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh good I'm glad to hear that and it sounds very nice to relax and enjoy the present moment. Do you make videos of the places and views you like so you can watch them anytime? I thought you were on a wall, dangling your feet above the water below and could fall in easily so I was worried.

I get the same anxiety that people think I'm no good for various reasons, but they're probably not. If they were, then they have no idea what you or I've been through and health issues. If they had to deal with our shit, they'd never last as long as us, so they are silly know nothings and shall be ignored. Take care :hugging:

Mihael likes this.
  8. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will take this conversation into the PM or maybe just make another thread, otherwise i can talk about it for long and it just goes on and on. I don't have many good habits, beside that I've never smoked once or I'm only drinking alcohol rarely.

Yes, I take pictures and videos. My phone is filled with nature pics.

No worries there. I'm afraid of heights and can't swim, so I would never hang out in such a place. I never make plans for it. Most of my bad thoughts are only thoughts. I'm passive in the suicidal ideation.

I will try to ignore it, but it's the anxiety that makes it hard to ignore.

Sorry, if I'm not too active. I still feel that I'm not stable enough. Been mostly trying to focus on my exams, but I feel too depressed to deal with anything. My moods tend to be from one end to the other end. My therapist tells me that I don't have bipolar disorder, but I don't know. I might get another therapists opinion on it.

9. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Huh, what were you lacking and was it for bipolar 1 or 2? Maybe we could all use a little lithium to stabilize our moods :slight_smile:

I wish you were feeling better and not stress while finishing your uni work. You've done great and I'm happy and proud of you! One step at a time :hugging:

Rayland likes this.
  10. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Overall. I just asked what she thinks and explained my symptoms, but she didn't see it, but I've had manic and depression symptoms. She just says these things might come from the other symptoms and I know that internet tests are not reliable, but when every single test tells you you have bipolar and your therapist says no, then it causes doubt, especially, if there have been these symptoms.

And thank you. I really appreciate it. I'm very close to finishing my first year. Second year will be even tougher.

mnguy likes this.