1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV/Movie Wedding Disasters (that turned out good in the end)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LaurenSkye, Feb 18, 2020.

1. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    With my brother getting married in a few months, I wanted to put together a list of TV shows and/or movies in which weddings were interrupted (especially in somewhat unrealistic ways), but everything turned out okay in the end.

Two that come to mind for me are The Flash in which Barry and Iris' wedding was interrupted by Nazis from another Earth, and Modern Family in which Mitch and Cam's wedding featured several issues including a wildfire.

2. Loves books

I don’t know if Meredith and Dereks post-it wedding counts as a disaster. But Piper and Leo from the original Charmed had some trouble at their wedding. Claire and Henry from the movie The Time Traveler's Wife. I consider marrying your husband who came from the future, because the present day him is gone and stayed gone for a while, a disaster. All of those ended well. Literally till death did they part. Even if some deaths were a little premature.

3. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hercules The Legendary Journeys: The Wedding of Alcmene
    Hercules' mother marries Jason, the leader of the Argonauts, and an evil high priest of Hera summons a gigantic sea serpent to disrupt the wedding. It swallows both Hercules and Jason and swims off while the wedding guests are fighting mercenaries who have been hired to kill Hercules' half brother, who has been named as Jason's successor. The sea serpent is attacked by another sea monster, and Hercules kills the sea serpent by punching his way to its spine and severing it with some sort of ornament that was meant as a wedding gift. As the mercenaries are beaten, the high priest flees and prays to Hera to save him before jumping off a cliff, but Hera does not respond, and he dies. The dead sea serpent washes up on the beach and Hercules and Jason climb out of its corpse and resume the wedding.