1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tulpa?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plattyrex, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Plattyrex

I just found out about this yesterday. There's some weird thing called a tulpa that's supposed to be a companion that you create through meditation or something. I thought it was like a religious or spiritual thing at first, but apparently it's supposed to be a sort of self induced hallucination of sorts. I thought people who claimed to have them were just making it up at first, but the more I looked into it the more freaked out I got. The amount of people who claim to have created these things is absolutely astonishing, and I don't believe that many people are making this up. It's just bothersome to me because this does not sound like something the human mind could feasibly do. I also noticed that most people have never heard of this, and I feel like something like this would sort of be common knowledge. I know nothing about human psychology or science or any of that stuff, so maybe this isn't as bizarre as it seems to me, but I just find it really creepy to be honest. Has anyone ever heard of this? I know this sort of a stretch, but can anyone confirm that this is real? It just seems so surreal to me, I don't understand how this would be possible.

2. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow!!! That's really interesting!! XD today just keeps getting better: -) thank you for posting this
    Although I've never heard of them before. I am familiar with familiar spirits and house spirits. In my opinion although I've never successfully made a contract with a familiar spirit or tried to summon one. I think what we call the human mind ( I don't even know what to call it sometimes) is pretty amazing and beautiful. We're capable of telepathy, remote viewing and all the clairs so why not?.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Of course the mind can produce hallucinations or illusions. And I don't mean that in a cynical way, I mean that as in the mind is really incredible. I mean, I've had hallucinations myself, at least twice. The first time I can remember was when I woke up from a coma in the hospital, and strong medicine was going out of my system or something... I saw hallucinations of hoards of spiders falling on top of me. I still have severe arachnophobia. Such is the power of the mind.
    Another time also, I collapsed in the shower from a panic attack and had a (much more pleasant) hallucination of an angelic being looking similar to me who reached out for my hand.

#3 Invidia, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  4. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's incredible XD. The mind is bae lolz. I think 2016 will be the year for a lot of spiritual awakenings.

5. Vav

Vav Guest

I've heard of them. All of the tulpa websites had a creepy vibe to me. I also thought all of the people who had tulpas seemed off to me. I decided to create a tulpa out of curiosity. It was extremely weird. I felt like some weird entity was following me around. Other people in my house felt the entity as well. I also got sick and I had a lot of trouble getting out of bed. Getting rid of my tulpa made me feel better. I think creating a tulpa is basically inviting weird entities to suck up your energy and possibly posses you. Since most tulpa creators don't believe in the supernatural they probably don't feel as weird about creating a tulpa.

6. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Was it scary? I hope it didn't cause you too much harm.although this is my first time hearing of tulpa there are some spirits who are very odd ( i guess the word is) and feed off of their masters energy.

One of my friends has a lot of wiccans in her family (she is Wicca Christian ) and she often tells me be careful what you invite in. When she sleeps next to others she can see their same dreams also. So I trust her.

7. Vav

Vav Guest

It wasn't too scary. It was just weird and irritating. I'm kind of used to weird spirits. I kind of know how to scare them away if they get in my face too much. I either create a shield or chase them away with other entities.

My step sister attracts a lot of spirits. When she encounters them during sleep paralysis at my house I encounter the same exact spirit. One time it was just her grand father. He had a weird dead vibe and he kept poking us hard.

8. Plattyrex

Yeah, I get a really dark vibe when I hear people talk about it. I actually heard somebody say he had a tulpa he did not create and it claimed to have killed the one he did create. I can most definitely say he was either completely insane or this is not something people should get into. But you did make one then. You don't sound completely out of your mind like a lot of people who have these, so I assume it is a real thing then. What was it like? Did it appear to be real, and did it act independently from yourself? I'm very curious on the subject, but I would never bring myself to create one.

#8 Plattyrex, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  9. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been wanting to create myself a companion in my mind for a while... Thank you, I'll go look it up !

10. Vav

Vav Guest

I only had one for a few days. I don't believe that you create tulpas. I believe that you're actually inviting entities to share your body and mind. It definitely had independent thoughts and it kind of acted independently from me. Most people that create tulpas believe it's a purely psychological phenomenon. They don't believe in metaphysics like I do. I believe a lot of those people are playing with fire and in denial about it.

11. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You and your sister might be spiritual mediums. You attract certain spirits to you or they love your energy. I believe that everyone has psychic abilities but we have one ability that we specialize in. My family is full of empaths but I'm really good at manifestation and clairaudience.
    I think we all give off spiritual stank (as I call it) and attract certain energies but some people's energy might be higher than the other

12. Plattyrex

I have hallucinations more often then most people I would say. I have them a lot when I'm tired, but usually once I realize I'm hallucinating they go away. I have sleep paralysis a lot too though, and the hallucinations I have from that feel much more real and scary, and they don't go away when I realize I'm hallucinating. What you're describing with the tulpas sounds a lot like what I have with sleep paralysis. If that's the case I would never want to do anything like this. If it's actually some kind of weird metaphysical thingy, then this is the most terrifying concept on the planet. People willingly do it though, and that confuses me. They say can help you remember things you've forgotten and what not, which seems very implausible from a hallucination. It just all sounds so creepy, and I think you would have to be very lonely to be pushed to the point of wanting one.

13. Vav

Vav Guest

I'm not sure if I'm a full medium. It's mostly my step sister who attracts the spirits. My mom's side of the family has some intuitive people. My mom suspects she once caught her dad levitating during meditation. I don't know too much about my dad's family.

I think it's also a geographical issue. I live on native land. Native land seems to attract a lot of weird spirits for some reason. It's known as one of the most haunted areas. I think living in my area makes people more sensitive to that stuff.

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2016 at 06:57 PM ----------

I don't get hallucinations unless I'm having sleep paralysis. Most of the time they willingly hallucinate their tulpa to make it seem more real to them. They're usually very lonely people. People willingly go through this because they don't believe in any metaphysical things. They believe it's all in their brain and just a safe hobby. Since skeptical people are less sensitive to the metaphysical they probably don't go through all the scary and weird things. I think most people have a bad gut feeling about tuplas for a reason.

14. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know what you mean about geological locations though
    After I start traveling new Orleans is my second stop. It has the most spiritual responses there.

15. Plattyrex

I actually have a friend who moved to New Orleans from Hati after the earthquake in 2010. She nd her family are very spiritual. They practice Voodou (I always thought it was spelled Voodoo, but she tells me I'm wrong), and they have all sorts of spiritual connections. She actually put some kind of a money charm on me for a day once because I didn't believe it would work, and I won $100 from some stupid lottery thing from my Orthodontist on the same day. It was freaking bananas.

16. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, all this spiritual stuff is cool. 2016 = Year of the Spirits

17. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never heard of Tulpa, until now. It reminds me of using chaos magic in order to create servitors. I just draw a weird symbol, give it a bit of my personality and energy, and order it to perform a simple job. From what I've read on Google... a Tulpa requires a lot of energy, time, and it isn't guaranteed to obey you. I think I'm going to stick with servitors :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: With that said, if a Tulpa is an evil entity, then I would be tempted to summon one! Also, I discovered that Tupla is the name of a Finnish chocolate bar... I put the wrong word into Google, and I'm probably going to keep mixing up those two words ^^;

[​IMG]

18. Vav

Vav Guest

It didn't require a lot of time for me to create a tulpa. I'm guessing it's because I already attract weird entities. Instead of creating a tulpa, I end up calling a weird entity. You should try summoning a tulpa just for fun. Just have some sage around to get rid of them and their weirdness. :slight_smile:

19. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard stories about people who created tulpas, and they're cool, yet terrifying. So Weird did an episode about them and man, it was fucking scary for a kid's show.

20. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How were you able to get rid of it?