1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTRPG

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lalaith, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Lalaith

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, y'all! I was browsing the forums since I'm back after a 2-year hiatus and I was looking for threads on Tabletop RPG's and only found one that is 5 months old; I didn't know you couldn't reply to a post that old!

Anyway, I'm opening this thread to ask you people about TTRPGs in general and specifically how you've used them to explore gender identity and sexuality. For me, it's basically the only outlet I've had to explore a female identity.

Currently, I'm playing Mara, a badass gunslinger who's really into Helena, our bard, but hasn't herself realized it and is super-awkward about it, really fun to play a character that is oblivious to even her own feelings. My other character is Minerva, a sharp-minded wizard. She's friends with Valentine, a non-binary investigator rogue. Everyone in the party is shipping us together but Minerva and Valentine just enjoy being their intellectual equals.

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I first started playing TTRPG around 1980. It was a few years later that I played a female character.

In the past two years here where I live I have been playing a number of different games with a group of around 50 people. I would say about half of them have played nonbinary characters or characters opposite of how they present. I live pretty much stealth now (which is why I am vague about my location) and I have played characters with identities all over the gender spectrum, it has been interesting.