1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truth or Dare

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by starmotive, Aug 6, 2017.

1. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in my 20's, and I've never played truth or dare before and it's something I want to do, but only with people I trust. This sounds incredibly cheesy but would it be a stupid idea to invite the friend I have a crush on for a sleepover and suggest playing truth or dare? It could be an interesting way to find out if she's into me but it could also get very risky very fast...

2. Dirtysoap

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yolo do it

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good idea but be able to keep an open mind just in case she may not reveal what you want to hear from her.

4. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, yeah I know. It's just, I'm trying to find a way to tell her that I like her without having it get too serious you know. I've thought about it for a while now, and regardless of whether or not she returns my feelings I think it's something she should know.

I don't know if I'm ready for the fallout that may happen but I'm going to tell her my feelings. It's just the matter of when and how at this point.

5. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perhaps you should consider another suggestion...think about giving her a card. They make greeting cards for every occasion and I am pretty sure that have one that mentions how much I like you. To make a further suggestion...consider recording a CD with a few songs that has "I like you" or "I have a crush on you" as the subject matter. Just a couple of different angles to consider...JS...Good Luck with whatever you decide to get your feelings across to her...

6. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perhaps you should consider another suggestion...think about giving her a card. They make greeting cards for every occasion and I am pretty sure that have one that mentions how much I like you. To make a further suggestion...consider recording a CD with a few songs that has "I like you" or "I have a crush on you" as the subject matter. Just a couple of different angles to consider...JS...Good Luck with whatever you decide to get your feelings across to her...

7. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice! I'll think about those options. My only worry with them is that if all goes wrong that would be harder to brush off...there's really only one way a card that says 'I like you' can be interpreted.

Actually I've already written a letter to her with what I want to tell her in it. I just feel like face to face is more personal for something like this. I might just end up giving her the letter and have her find out that way...

8. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well...in all honesty..either angle you take on this, I feel you are taking a risk for things to take a wrong turn. What you need to realize is that at the end of the day..there's the possibility that this is not the person for you and someone better is out there for you. My suggestion to you is that having crushes on individuals always run being a risk. Therefore, you should approach them with an open mind and not get your feelings involved. Good luck and best wishes with the letter.

9. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well...in all honesty..either angle you take on this, I feel you are taking a risk for things to take a wrong turn. What you need to realize is that at the end of the day..there's the possibility that this is not the person for you and someone better is out there for you. My suggestion to you is that having crushes on individuals always run being a risk. Therefore, you should approach them with an open mind and not get your feelings involved. Good luck and best wishes with the letter.

10. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

11. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

12. starmotive

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah...I know there's always the possibility of things taking a turn for the worse. I'm fine with the possibility that she doesn't reciprocate my feelings and I'm pretty sure I could maintain a friendship with her if that were the case. I'm just scared that she would hate me or completely reject me and never want to talk to me again if I tell her about my feelings. I've been friends with her for a long time and I'd like to believe that I know her well enough to think that this won't happen, but you never know and that's what freaks me out.

13. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to believe that since you ladies have been in each others' lives for a long time, I feel she would handle this information with a mature attitude and will maintain the friendship with you. Just remember that communicating with her with the clarification that if it comes to the possibility that she does not feel the same as you do, that you will still want her to maintain the friendship that you two have. So..in my opinion...you have that bond with her that over rides the negative. THINK POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I really believe everything will be fine.

Myclosetisfull and starmotive like this.