1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump or Hillary better for LGBT community

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by silverdeer, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The future of our country is something we can't be flexible about. That is how the system has been developed over the last half century or so. Make us compromise and bend a little so we avoid the danger of catastrophic breaking. But each election is another degree of bend until our ends are touching and we have to bend in new strange directions that were previously off-limits.

I won't feel guilty if Trump wins, nor more concerned for the safety of LGBT people. Let's say Hillary is more friendly towards us than the openly prejudiced Trump. She is contemptuous of the people and will get whatever she can out of us, whether it's from unconstitutional NDAA provisions, CISPA, the TPP, projects like the Keystone pipeline, anything that pads her wealth and power/those of her cronies. I hate to mention gun laws because it is the ultimate sensitive subject as of late, but I disagree with her there as well and it is a big deal. Gay rights are cool, but only a part of human rights, and those as a whole are not doing great right now.

Now, I am far from the belief that she's the only one like this, or even that Trump is her only partner in corruption. But if we as a country decided not to vote for *either* of two evils, she may be one of the last to be successful at that kind of path.

#21 Argentwing, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  2. Eye Shine

I hate Trump and Hillary. Sometimes I think America deserves Trump as the president for allowing the only two options to be a lying prejudice, homophobic, and racist man. While the other is a two face constant liar under an FBI investigation.

What better person to lead a country full of fools than the king fool.

They both suck but, the US has dug itself in a whole. Good luck the rest of the world one of two morons are getting codes to the nukes soon. It's not a laughing matter which is the sad part...

3. Cauldron

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#23 Cauldron, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To inject some mild optimism into my gloom-and-doom tirade, I don't think nukes will be a big problem. For the most part the world recognizes that they are so powerful as to be suicide devices, no matter who uses them.

5. guitar

I've seen no indication that Trump is anti-LGBT. His bathroom comments and the fact that he's had on several people on celebrity apprentice such as Tekai, Clay Aitken, and I think Jenner as well, all point to him at least being okay for LGBT people.

6. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really haven't seen much anti-LGBT coming from Trump. But there is the biggy 'I will undo the terrible gay marriage decision'. He also said that Caitlyn Jenner could use any bathroom - which was a good gesture in itself but would he let any other transgender use the bathroom of their identity?

I know that Bill Clinton signed in DOMA and Hillary Clinton was pretty traditional on that topic as well - though she seems to have changed her position. It has been a few years so I think I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say she does support LGBT now.

In the end, I can't vote - I don't even live in the USA. I just find the politics intriguing.

TL;DR, both seem LGBT tolerant but both have pros and cons on the subject.

#26 blaziken25, Jun 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Clinton's fake beliefs are better than Trump's fake beliefs.

8. Glowing Eyes

Donald Trump has no honest positions on anything. I think he doesn't really care about LGBT issues. He probably wonders why the other Republican candidates obsess over somebody else' love life. He does have to pander though so he says what he needs to to get more votes. One day he's against bathroom bills and the next day he doesn't have a problem with them. As far as I'm aware, Donald Trump only has fixed positions on two things: 1)Donald Trump is great and 2)He wants to be the President so badly that he'll say just about anything.

9. derVaminoi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Trumpophobes still bullying POMAGAs (People Of Making America Great Again) in 2016 I see, tsk tsk. I thought we'd gotten farther than this. Sad. :c

Didn't some military source promise to disobey if crazy orders came? We can always hope they keep that promise.

#29 derVaminoi, Jun 16, 2016
  10. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yep... when it comes to LGBT, Hillary has often been reactionary, while Trump has constistently not given a sh*t. But that's not to say he's any better than Hillary. They're both opportunistic and populistic - they haven't a single proper opinion of their own. They just believe or pretend to believe what people want to hear at any given time.

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2016 at 12:01 PM ----------

If that's not a joke I shall shed a tear for the human race.

11. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't believe there's even a discussion on this. Trump has stated this election cycle that he would appoint justices to overturn marriage equality, that he would rescind the executive order banning discrimination in federal employment and supports the First Amendment Defense Act which protects Kim Davis style discrimination. On the other side Hilary is totally onboard. I for one am not willing to overlook the fact that Trump thinks my marriage should be illegal, that the federal government should be able to fire me for being gay and that people have a fundamental right to refuse me goods and service based on the fact that I'm gay just because Hillary has only been completely on board for ten years.

12. iiimee

Between the two? Trump is more sincere about not caring if you're gay or not- He's a businessman, and knows gay people are just as useful as straight people. Hillary has an anti-gay past, and honestly I doubt her sincerity on anything, especially her loyalty to this country, considering that email scandal... Trump's evil, but Hillary's a criminal. I'd choose Trump over Hillary, but honestly Bernie is still my first pick.

13. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Am I missing something? Trump is the Republican candidate, the same party whose members created the bathroom laws, blocked gun laws that would have saved a huge amount of lives because of the gun lobby and in general been utterly anti LGBT. Doesn't that make Clinton the better candidate by default just because of associations. Beyond this, if anyone has any doubts, simply watch John Oliver's brilliant show about Trump.

[YOUTUBE]DnpO_RTSNmQ[/YOUTUBE]

Furthermore, read a bit about Trump University which was pretty much a scam institution that had guidelines that told lecturers how to act if federal agents came knocking on the door... seriously...

#33 Eveline, Jun 16, 2016
  14. iiimee

You're missing the fact that Hillary was anti-gay in the very recent past and only suddenly changed her mind when it mattered in voting. Suspicious, isn't it? Also, John Oliver's video about Donald Trump doesn't prove he's homophobic- and by the way, Trump's less homophobic than all the Republican candidates, though I'd still personally call him a little homophobic for his comments on traditional marriage, but he's already said he has no interest in taking away gay people's rights to marry, so there's that. No, don't doubt me when I say I HATE Trump, but compared to Hillary, Trump is my bestie and we go to salons to paint our nails and get insulted by the people who paint them in foreign languages. >_> Hillary, if you know anything about her, hasn't proved to have any loyalty to this nation AND seems very manipulative, based on how she always seems to change her mind based on what the majority wants alone. Granted, I don't think she'd attack gay people once she's in office, because that would hurt her votes- but Trump at least means what he says, and obviously like most polictians, his intent is good, even if his immigration views are heavily misguided- people think that just because the word "illegal" is next to it, immigrants are criminals, which isn't entirely true, but I won't go into that whole explanation because then this post would be A LOT longer... Yes, Trump has horrible ideas, but I'd rather deal with his horrible ideas than compromise the very safety of this nation- Again, Hillary. Emails. Ring a bell? I don't know how anyone can trust a candidate who'd do something like that. Still... I personally agree with the "Bernie or Bust" idea. If Bernie supporters stick through until the end, there's a good chance he'll be one of the last two and win the election. However, the polls are not in Hillary's favor if it's between her and Trump, and for good reason.

15. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Clinton will do anything to get to the top which is a actually a good thing because you have something to bargain for with her. Trump is a joke.

16. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    France has very strict gun laws and the United States doesn't yet their gun-crime rate have fallen about the same so I don't think gun control is the problem we are facing.

#36 silverdeer, Jun 16, 2016
  17. Plattyrex

They all suck:slight_smile:. Hilary is a much worse person imo, but Trump is too insane to do anything. I'd rather have an evil person than an insane person who's slightly less evil, and as much as I hate it I think I'm going to have to come to terms with Hilary. Maybe she'll pick a gaood vice president and get impeached, idk. Not Trump though. Not in a million years. He seems fairly neutral on the subject, wheras Hilary just says what's convenient for her. I don't think she could give less of a shit bout the lgbt community (or anyone for that matter), but as of right now it would benefit her to support gay rights, so that's what she'll do. Trump will be worse for everyone. If I had to pick one I would definitely go for Hilary. I guess that's what Trump does. He takes someone who you previously thought was the worst case scenario for this country and forces you to support them. Yay democracy.

#37 Plattyrex, Jun 16, 2016
  18. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We're lucky (if that word can even be appended to this election) that neither candidate seems to be anti-LGBT. The only true anti-LGBT candidates were people like Rubio, Cruz, and Huckabee. The thing about Trump is that he is relatively indifferent to most social issues. He "became" anti-abortion because it is convenient for him to do so, but I don't believe that he truly is. This is why he pisses of social conservatives, because he isn't passionate about their issues. They want him to promise to undo same-sex marriage rulings the way Cruz and Rubio did, but he won't, because he doesn't care.

Both candidates are opportunistic, both have switched their views numerous times, but neither seem to be anti-LGBT. That said, Trump has already shifted some of his views to the more mainstream socially conservative Republican ones, so I suppose it is possible that he might become anti-LGBT under pressure from his party. I hope not, but given that risk, and given that it is unfashionable to be anti-LGBT in the Democratic party, I would bank on Hillary being the better candidate for the LGBT community in this farce of an election.

19. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Bernie Sanders :slight_smile: He almost defiantly won't win but I can dream

20. iiimee

It's still statistically possible for him to win against Hillary, and if he does, he'll almost definitely win the election.