1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Trump mocks Pence for wanting to "hang gays"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by wickedwitch, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Why are you calling me a Christian? Im not, but they have the right to hate me, to refuse to accept me and I to them.

2. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You seem like you have a chip on your shoulder against them, you are just as narrow minded as they are. And you two are welcome to marry each other.

3. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Shouldn't I as a barber be allowed to refuse to cut a child molesters hair, I dont need their money.

4. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So we should be able to freely discriminate against each other based on race, gender, color, religion, sex etc.? Is that what you are saying? I'm not accusing you of anything as I am just trying to understand what you are saying.

5. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don't think you can compare child molesters to gay people. LOL.

6. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes thats exactly what im saying. As long as we are A.) Private entities and or citizens and B.) Are not physically hurting people or damaging/ destroying property. So like public schools, or government jobs no. Private bars or gyms, or scented candle shops yes. Its not nice but, but if a person doesnt want to sell you pumpkin candle they shouldnt be mandated to. These things are private and most people will deal with anybody anyway if they think they will make money, because most people are greedy.

For example if a person opens a straights only gym, why the hell would you want to workout there anyway and give that bozo youre hard earned money. I dont know about you, but I dont give money to people that dont like me. At least if you allow them to be honest, you know who the jerks are. So if you want to give your money to the Neo-nazi plumbers by all means do it, but your are damn fool if you want to.

7. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Im not comparing child molesters to gay people, but they have rights dont they? Do they deserve a fair shake? I dont think so, but by law we must include them.

8. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We should be allowed to have opinions even if they are wrong, freedom isnt always fun, you have to sometimes deal with assholes. Im not sure if they have Libertarians in Canada, but I take it you arent one?

#28 Jackie Ray, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  9. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think that you shouldnt be allowed to murder people, rape them, break their stuff, or steal their stuff, but everything else is fair game.

#29 Jackie Ray, Oct 17, 2017
  10. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You would be fine with discrimination based on race as well?

11. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think you are getting confused with thinking that Im pro discrimination Im not, but I dont think I have the right to tell other people what to do as long as they arent violating any of the above things I listed. They can be jerks, its their right. Its not right, but its their right.

12. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A lot of people in my country are anti drugs now, I dont think thats okay ,but they have the right.

#32 Jackie Ray, Oct 17, 2017
  13. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Jackie Ray you need you stop beating around the bush and answer my question directly. Do you think it should be legal to discriminate against against someone based on their race? It is a clear yes or no question.

#33 KyleD, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  14. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, it should be legal.

Answer my question, do you think anti discrimination law should be enforced by force, using pistols and clubs if need be?

15. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think though you are confusing my desire for something to be legal, with my belief that it is right. That is just not the case, I think the a person or private venture should be allowed to discriminate for any reason. I wish they wouldn't and I hope they don't. If they do its their right in my opinion they are wrong, but its their right to be wrong.

I take recreational drugs, my friends dont but they are okay with me doing so. I personally would not engage in polygamy, but if somebody else wants to engage in polyandry or polygyny they should be allowed. Legal does not mean right and vice versa. When you are willing to condone government force through whatever means to take away another persons freedom, you are just a jerk.

#35 Jackie Ray, Oct 18, 2017
  16. StarRunner

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is where I have a problem. I don't understand why you keep going back to a straw man argument about shooting people who discriminate or using pistols and clubs. It's beyond a slippery slope argument and simply doesn't make sense. The ones most likely to be beaten or killed by pistols and clubs are the minority groups targeted by racists.

You keep making arguments that businesses should be allowed to deny services to any minority group, as if they have the option to 'just shop elsewhere.' It's not possible simply because we all rely on the private market to provide basic needs such as housing, employmemt and services. If landlords refuse to rent to people who need rental housing the most, they could refuse to rent to youth, seniors, people with disabilities, single parents and indigenous peoples. Where are they all supposed to go? If a Black person lives in a rural area with only one grocery store and the owner refuses to serve them, where where are they supposed to go?

Every business is subject to regulation to ensure it serves the community without imposing significant and unnecessary hardship on it in order to make a profit. The harm of discrimination in denying housing, employment and services to minority groups outweighs the harm that comes to the business by denying these services. When people depend on the private sector to meet their basic needs, oversight is required to ensure that all groups receive fair treatment.

#36 StarRunner, Oct 18, 2017
  17. FluffyLightFox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nope.
    I'm not gonna begin a philosophical essay on the nature of wrong opinions, not only because I already have one to write and hand back in a few weeks, but also because basic philosophy doesn't usually convince people they're wrong, you know. You and I know I can't get you to realize your reasoning is skewed from the core. Discussing the specific issue here doesn't seem interesting since the debate really seems futile but I offer food for thoughts for the people who are reading.

Having wrong opinions? Sure. We can't know everything about everything. We start not knowing anything. Sometimes, at all ages, we don't know stuff. Sometimes, even worse, we don't know that we don't know stuff. It's okay, more or less, because we always need to learn, and realize we don't know, and learn, and think.
    But you know what's not good? Having opinions you know are wrong, and going along with them, or knowing someone has wrong opinions, and not telling them. Some call it an insult to the reason that makes us human. I kinda agree.

TL;DR : No you don't have freedom of thoughts in a free country, you have freedom to think and express the opinions you've reflected on, and maybe get corrected with reasoned explanations.

I ain't gonna be responding here, too, because the debate is 1° futile and unproductive and 2° we're getting way too far from the original topic.

(Also daaaaamn it's only been 9 months since Trump's in office... The next few years are gonna feel like forever)

18. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It was a yes or no question answer it. It is a slippery slope and somebody is bound to slip sooner or later.

You what you do when an area doesnt support you? You move, I did, I created my own job. Groups like ours need to take care of themselves to really flourish. In the USA there are are ethnic neighborhoods where people do for themselves, little Italy's, China town's, Brighton Beach, little France, Greek town, the list goes on and on. Why doesnt Canada take all of the outcast groups? If you guys are so good up there and we are so evil down here.

Im tried to argue with you but its clear to me that you feel it is okay to send in jackbooted thugs kill people that you consider bad. Becuase lets be honest that's your ultimate goal. Do us all a favor and please dont ever get into politics, because I definitely see a little mustache in your immediate future.

This is obviously a forum that condone hateful idea's and oppression, so Im gone.

19. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It is already illegal to discriminate against someone because of their race, religion, gender, religion, sex etc. I don't see it being enforced by pistols and clubs. However it is interesting that you are advocating a reversal of that?

I am of the opinion that gay people should be added to groups who are already protected against discrimination.

20. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do you understand that in other countries gay men are routinely murdered and often times castrated and raped? And you are crying about being excluded are you serious right now? We have it so good here and if we push and try to punish Christians, then the first chance they get, they will brutalize us. I dont want to be lynched because some crusading SJW pissed off the wrong person.

In my heart I honestly believe that legally forced tolerance will only breed resentment that will inevitably bubble over into outright street violence. I try to get gay acceptance through demonstrating that I am a good citizen, working hard, helping others, and keeping my community clean; when they see this, how can they say Im bad? But you seem to want to go after them in court? Sue them? Im sure they are going to love you for it.

When I first moved here, some people called me faggot, butt boy, and cocksucker. When I walked past, they would murmur and laugh, they would get drunk on weekends and yell things like faggot outside my apartment and run away. I could see the contempt on their faces when they were ringing me up at the store, but I just kept a smile on my face and treated them with respect; 9 years later, yeah a few of them are still douche bags but most of them see Im an okay person. I have had an old once homophobic old man help me work on my car, because after living next to him and his wife for 9 years and helping them to shovel out their cars in the winter, I earned their respect. Had I went in here with an ACLU lawyer the whole neighbor hood would have hated me and when I needed help, say fixing my car I would have been fucked and had to pay a mechanic and spend hundreds of dollars. Respect is earned not given. If you cannot see that, you're are diluted.

I dont want gays to be in protected groups, because I dont want us to be in a separate group.

#40 Jackie Ray, Oct 18, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.