1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is going to be the next President of the United States

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't get overly worried, EleanorHunter. I'm on the opposite side of the political issue, but I agree with your sentiments completely! Even President Obama expressed the same resolve for unity. It's definitely not your fault nor issue.

But we must ask why people are actually rioting in certain cities over the Constitutional election results. Does that make any sense?

2. Paxana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have seen other lgbtq+ ppl saying they're terrified, and i can feel that fear welling up in me cuz i was shaking when i heard the news. dunno what the future holds for us right now, and i think i'm too scared to even guess.

3. Iloveyoubabe

Iloveyoubabe Guest

I'm most concerned about Trump taking away health care than anything else. My Mom has a lot of medications that she needs. She can't go without them. If health care is taken away she wouldn't be able to afford them. They're expensive. I'm also a bit worried about LGBT rights being taken away( gay marriage, protection against being fired because you're LGBT, conversion therapy, etc) I'm not sure how easy it will be to reverse same sex marriage though. Hopefully it won't be easy. Trump is not who I'm worried about. It's Pence I'm worried about for the most part.

4. ghostly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    https://twitter.com/NetflixFR/status/790594344877252608

5. DaveWho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow! Things seemed pretty calm when I was here earlier. What happened? Where is the hysteria coming from? I'm not ashamed to say I have despised Trump and his campaign for most of the last couple years. I'm embarrassed that our political climate led to this nauseating contest between two of the most despised personalities in our nation. But I really don't understand where this visceral fear of LGBTQ discrimination is coming from. Yes, Pence is no social liberal and I wish he weren't the VP. I can understand that the election makes some uneasy because of the perception of what it means about a portion of the electorate, though we've known about that all along. But Trump, while saying all kinds of foolish things, has not made any significant statements against LGBTQ people. Indeed, I remember some Republicans were offended when they felt Trump condescendingly praised the crowd at the GOP convention for applauding positive remarks about LGBTQ in the wake of the Orlando shooting.
    Please settle down, take a breath and try to have some perspective. We will not be rounded up tomorrow, or even in January. Things will go on as they have been. The culture is still stifling in many ways, but there is so much freedom from real persecution we can enjoy today, relative to even when I was in school. Worst case scenario, we'll have politicians in elite office with outdated views, but powerless to do anything about it. Please keep an open mind and be willing to listen to some level-headed voices here :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: This post has been edited by Jose Cuervo :rolle:

6. whizbang

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is the problem as i see it and i am commenting from the aspect of the rural south.

It's really not Trump I'm worried about per se, (yes he and his gang of loons are going to try to do everything he can to fuck up our social saftey net to make money) it's his followers. Trump tapped into deep seated racism and homophobia to get elected. This sort of noise doesn't go away now that the election is over. These people needed an imaginary enemy, and they now have a few of them. The n-word is now back into common place usage again here because of it.

Here in Texas, or at least in my part of it, people will think it's OK to attack LGBT individuals, all in the name of God, or some other stupid dumb ass reason. I see it coming.

I am scared enough that i am getting my concealed handgun permit next week.

7. Joelouis

There are two subjects that always turn ugly on here (and most likely other forums) and that's abortion and politics.

Yes, he's in.
    No, he's not the most popular.
    Maybe Clinton would've been better.....maybe...

Let's revive this thread in four years' time and see if there's any changes of view.

8. Summer Rose

I have no idea why people keep assuming this. Mike Pence isn't just A crazy person in power; he's a good look at THE crazy people in power. The GOP have control of the federal government (majority in every branch); these are the people who despise us, who want to impose all these laws against us (and every minority), and yet we're supposed to give it a chance?

We KNOW what Mike Pence wants to do, and what's stopping him? Not the Judicial branch. Not the Legislative Branch. And Not the executive branch, unless Trump pulls a heel-face turn. I could give Trump a chance since now he's not just saying crap to get a vote, but Mike Pence (and the rest of the GOP) was already in a position of power, he doesn't get, deserve, or most especially, NEED "another chance."

9. Reflect Manta

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm fresh out at the moment, after spending 16 months being treated like utter dogshit by progressives for having different political priorities than them. Being treated like a racist, a sexist, a xenophobe, a list of insults they use to shout down anyone that doesn't bend a knee to their echo chamber.

And you think I'm going to humor their trembling hysteria? that I care about their fears, after all the fearmongering rhetoric they've spewed on the internet for the last few years? they're constantly afraid of boogiemen, and they're constantly making up more of them. Why bother?

For example, what have any of these people done to try and understand why someone might not want to invite refugees into our country, doing exactly that has caused harm to so many western countries?

This was not blind xenophobia. this was seeing other countries fail to protect their own nations and cultures, because it wasn't just "not working" but was a security risk that led to many incidents, both terrorist, and cultural clashes that resulted in real harm to those countries.

Where was their compassion and sympathy all these months? Why is expecting our nation to serve it's legal citizens and it's laws over those of people who break them and enter it illegally? Why do not try to understand that if Mexico can't dump off the burden of it's own crummy management on the US, they might actually FIX THEIR PROBLEMS? Why should the US have to adopt the consequences of their government?

BECAUSE IT'S NICE? SCREW THAT. MEXICO BEING A CRAP PLACE TO LIVE ISN'T OUR RESPONSIBILITY. it's Mexico's, and it isn't our burden to adopt what Mexico fails to get it's act together and achieve. but apparently blocking law breakers that enter our country outside of the legal channels is racist. As if "Mexican" is a race. it isn't. it's a nationality.

The left has demonized the opposition for years now, and you expect sympathy from me? the only thing you'll get me from is a middle finger until you get your act together.

10. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe one of the major concerns is his running mate. Check out Pence's history with LGBT legislation in the past and you will see why people are scared. People are also scared because it is now a Republican House/Senate and soon to be Supreme Court which means LGBT rights can be taken away easier than they could if the checks and balances were more even.

I'd suggest to anyone who doesn't understand the hysteria going on among LGBT Americans: Look at Pence's record of how he treats LGBT Hoosiers.

11. DaveWho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just keep in mind that view regarding LGBT are changing within the GOP, and even more so within their constituency.

There are other real concerns though:

12. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will also never respect the results and I don't believe we have to. If we were around during the Jim Crow laws I wouldn't expect black people to just "respect" the law because it was popular back in the day with the whites. People have to stand up and fight for what they believe in.

If we aren't happy about the results, the only responsibility we have is making a difference in whatever way we can to change things.

Also crying is a healthy way of dealing with a tragedy and many people are viewing this as a real tragedy. Let the world cry.

13. Paxana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i don't have to respect the result when me, along with so many others, have our rights and possibly lives endangered. we are fucking entitled to our anger over this. i mean, there's a woman who posted that her kids were already asked "so when are you getting sent back to mexico". it's already happening and i will not ignore that just for the sake of "respect" or whatever.

14. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Puh-lease! So much more rhetoric, not reality. Why?

15. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Just one: Overpopulation. I'd rather have low quality kids die than the whole world die.

16. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really? David Duke of the KKK endorsed Trump, but Trump neither sought out nor acknowledged such an endorsement. How many kooks endorsed Hillary that SHE didn't seek out or acknowledge? Having weirdos support you is NOT the same thing as courting the support of weirdos in the American electoral system.

What homophobia did Trump tap in to? He is a center-left moderate on social issues....

17. DoriaN

The sellouts and mainstream media tried.

God bless America.

18. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not that this will probably matter, but please name one significant effort that a recent Vice President has led in recent history.

Dan Quayle? LOL!
    Al Gore? Uh huh. His anti-Global Warming campaign was SO influential.
    Dick Cheney?
    Joe Biden?

Right. It's clear that Vice President play SUCH an influential role in American politics and society. (Tongue-in-cheek). Why is ANYONE panicking over this?

19. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love how some people, completely ignore everything Trump says, and support him solely based on the idea that everyone dislikes him.
    Doesn't anybody realize, that this is the man who raped his own wife, rapes children, doesn't pay taxes, and lies every time that he speaks?
    I think it would be nearly impossible to elect a worse candidate.
    So congratulations to you, I hope you enjoy the next 4 years where you can wash your brain out even more while the rest of us, the somewhat more literate Americans with IQs about 97, will work on finding a way to survive the American version of Hitler having control over the nuclear launch codes.

And, I hope, since you listed yourself as bisexual, you are not sent to conversion therapy. Because you probably don't care, but you should know, that now minors all over the country will not be enjoying the human right of the conversion therapy ban promised by Hillary Clinton, but, will instead, be at the mercy of whatever Mike Pence can think up, because, like he said "politics are hard" for him, so, he will probably just focus on blowing everything up and not paying his taxes, while allowing policy to fall to Pence and the rest of the Republicans, who, by the way, now control all three branches of government. I hope that you feel that your vote counted. Now white men literally can celebrate because anyone can be president, no matter how unintelligent they are, as long as they are white and a man! (!) That's brilliant!

20. Kidd

Kidd Guest

This is Donald Trump though. This is different. Before Pence was offered the position the Trump campaign reached out to John Kasich, the Ohio Gov, and said that he would be "the most powerful VP in history." They wanted him to run the country while Trump "made America great again." Who is to say that Trump didn't offer the same deal to Pence? And who fucking knows what Trump actually is planning to do.

Source

It's crazy for Republicans to call for unity secondly, when they have spent the last 8+ years opposing every Democratic initiative, with no regard for reason or compromise. Even if Trump doesn't personally feel anti-LGBT sentiment, hardliners in his party, like Pence, will expect him to push their agenda. And maybe he will. Maybe he doesn't actually believe half the crazy shit he's said this year and he turns out to work with the Democrats, in a reasonable way. If not..our only hope is that Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell (PUKE) can reign in the extreme fringes of their party. But I won't hold my breath.

We are all really, truly fucked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.