1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is going to be the next President of the United States

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by A Republican, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To all the naysayers. Why not give Trump a chance before you pre-judge him?

No harm. No foul.

I'm a vocal and strongly proud of the LGBTQ community. I also have good reason to support Donald Trump until shown otherwise.

Why do you imagine the worst for our Community when he hasn't DONE anything against us as President of the United States, yet?

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    See this guy? This guy gets it. Your civil rights shouldn't be a state by state basis, especially in a country so enthusiastic about "freedom".

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just taking him at his word. Why aren't you?

4. Nobo

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    h

Uh, because politicians are politicians. Did you ACTUALLY take Hillary at her word?:grin:

6. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The whole point of states rights is to not push one monolithic idea on a population of diverse people who have different views. Smaller communities have the ability to decide what is right for them, and if they disagree with those judgements their state capital is nearby and not 3000 miles away.

7. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But the religious freedom acts that the right is pushing, and which Trump has voiced support for, override the decisions of smaller communities. They don't just say that it isn't illegal to discriminate against gay people when it comes to providing goods, services, accommodations or employment they say that it's illegal to make it illegal to discriminate against gay people. It's not at all a local government argument.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 09:48 PM ----------

For the most part, yeah I did. And when I didn't I certainly didn't derive any comfort from it.

It's astonishing to me the number of conservatives who have told me over the course of this campaign that Trump doesn't really mean what he's saying--like that makes it all alright. I think that may well be the case. But the fact of the matter is that I have more respect for Pence who genuinely believes that we are second class citizens who deserve to be marginalized and attacked than I do for a theoretical Trump who doesn't believe that at all but is simply willing to throw us under the bus and strip us of fundamental rights because it's expedient.

8. Old Soul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Civil rights shouldn't be decided on the same way we decide whether or not to reduce our property taxes or to implement a statewide health care system (i.e. Colorado's single-payer system). The Articles of Confederation initially gave the states the most power with a very weak federal government. The result was failure. That's why the Constitution replaced the Articles of Confederation.

My main point is: the rights the minority group shouldn't be decided on by the majority. That's why it's called "tyranny of the majority" or "mob rule"

9. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you have no empathy or compassion at all?

You say this, but minorities have already been hurt by Trump supporters. The videos are all over the internet. How can you look at those and tell the people who are terrified of being assaulted that they're being silly?

10. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you Democratic establishment for fucking this up for us. Hope your "totally electable" candidate worked out for you.

11. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow! I'm sorry for you, OGS. Both sides engage in disinformation. If anyone can't distinguish reality from fact, especially when doing some real research, I feel truly sorry for them.

People are people. And they are who they are. If the LGBTQ community can't understand such a basic concept or give others the benefit of the doubt, I am disappointed, but not truly surprised. The LGBTQ community has often been quick to discriminate against my type of sexual identity (bisexual).

If we can't even have the tolerance to wait until someone like President-elect Trump begins to exert his influence before writing him off as anti-LGBTQ, what does that say for our community?

#131 Quantumreality, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  12. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Even if politicians are just politicians, there is very clear evidence to show that Pence is anti-LGBT in both beliefs and policy.

I would like to go off what we have seen and heard from the candidates. Trump has proven to be a bully who hates everyone.

Pence has a record that you can backdate to show all of his discriminatory practices. He signed into law the act that allows LGBT individuals to be discriminated against if someone's religion is like.. nope no gays allowed! Sorry no pizza for you!

He defunded Planned Parenthood and signed anti-abortion legislation. Defunding Planned Parenthood caused an entire town of Indiana to have an HIV epidemic. He refused to allow needle exchange for quite a while until it got out of control.

He has gone on record to say he is against marriage equality and he opposes any laws that would ban discrimination against LGBT+ individuals.

During his first successful run for Congress in 2000, he wrote on his website that money from a program to help those with HIV/AIDS should go to organizations “which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior.

The House and Senate are both Republican now. Laws like those in Indiana can be passed.

13. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

WOAH!!!!!!! Excuse me? What on earth are you talking about?

In what capacity is any of this either 1. Unsupported or 2. "rhetoric"

I don't think you can even see the real world from where your head is

14. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally respected, midwestgirl89.

I'm only asking to give the ticket a chance. And, oh by the way, I'm personally FAR more concerned that we have an economically viable country that is respected in the world before I am concerned about adding to LGBTQ rights (not that I'm not ALSO concerned about that). But priorities are priorities. You respect mine and I'll respect yours. But I also don't expect than any two individuals have the same priorities.

Yeah, both houses of Congress will be Republican under a Republican President (if Trump actually can be identified as a Republican President) since 2007-2008. So what is your point?

Just my thoughts.

15. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait a sec... So you are literally mocking me for believing that a politician that you support may actually do what he said he would do. Alright I'm out--I guess I can't distinguish reality from fact, whatever that means...

16. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate to break it to you, but an awful lot of the world just lost its respect for America. What was left of it, anyway.

Do you know why that is?

Because of the deplorable way America treats its minorities.

17. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I;m not 'mocking' anyone. Please don't play the faux victim here.

Why is this even a SERIOUS discussion on this thread? Tbh, everything that is being hypothesized as the worst-case Trump Presidency DOESN'T actually exist. Until he actually even starts to implement the LGBTQ worst-case scenario, it's all (far left wing) propaganda, isn't it? Why are we panicking over worst-case scenarios that were part of an extremely horrendous, misinformed political campaign until there is some element of reality to back them up?

18. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is the exact kind of condescending attitude I was talking about, Quantum.

Politicians lie, yes, but why on earth would Trump lie about his more racist and sexist policies? He'd do the opposite.

Unless what he plans is worse than what he's said as of yet.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2016 at 08:49 PM ----------

I'll be in hell, where Pence believes I belong, and I don't believe exists, before I respect Trump or any of this.

19. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, Gunsmoke, I definitely don't mean to be condescending to anyone, but all I have seen here are hyperbole arguments dismissing our new Commander-in-Chief without ANY proof of how he will actually conduct himself once he takes office.

Why is the LGBTQ community so concerned? I don't see much difference between his stated policies from those of Clinton's. Granted, Pence's social conservative stances are completely offensive to me, but Trump is the President-elect, not Pence. The worst thing that Trump has indicated against our community is that he wants to repeal ALL of Obama's (misguided, in my opinion) Executive Orders, which includes forcing States to accept same-sex marriage. He didn't say he is against same-sex marriage. He said he is against Federal enforcement of same-sex marriage. And, frankly, he was talking mainly about the Obama administration's abuse of Executive Orders in the first place. In this instance, maybe it's a lesson-learned for the LGBTQ Community. Perhaps we need actual, solid LAW - i.e. passed by Congress - and not simply Executive Orders issued by the whim of individual Presidents - to secure our rights. Ya maybe think?

#bitter in the face of reality

#139 Quantumreality, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  20. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

All I did was post my emotions and opinions. I didn't try to attack anybody. I didn't attack every single Trump voter. I didn't pull out everything Trump has done/was accused of doing. I even ended saying there was hope. And you have the nerve to respond in this condescending, piece of shit way.

I don't give a shit about your politics or political alignment. But when you go and act like this because of opposing opinions and fears, you're a fucking hypocrite. Don't go on this thread acting all self-righteous about people needing to respect political opinions, because you clearly didn't give a shit about that. You didn't even calmly explain a point, or why I might have false information. And believe it or not I WANT TO BE WRONG IN THIS CASE, BECAUSE AT LEAST THAT MEANS NOBODY FUCKING DIES. You could have calmed my fears, along with the fears of countless other people, with these supposed facts that you have and reasons. You could have shown basic human decency. But no, you didn't do that. You just told me you'll laugh in my face.

I started off civil, but you clearly aren't here for civility. And you know what? Fine. Laugh in my face. When you do, I'll punch you in the fucking nose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.