1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transition - (venting)

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by skiff, Mar 17, 2013.

1. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi All,

There is nothing to be said I am just venting.

I am currently in limbo and very lonely and missing intimacy and frustrated by the process of transition.

My wife knows I want to end the marriage, there are a mountain of things to do, but there are stalls everywhere slowing me down from getting into a situation where I can start building my new life. They are perfectly normal stalls ranging from getting the brakes fixed on my truck to a getting a professional opinion that may help my transition. It would be nice for my wife to emerge from her silent treatment faster too. But these perfectly normal time lags are very frustrating now that I can firmly see my goal.

Guys know that sitting still is against our very nature to take action.

The loneliness and lack of intimacy are really frustrating too.

As part of being closeted I have no close friends here. I knew if I made a friend he would be gay and really complicate my closeted gay marriage. For whatever reason I only click with guys who in the long run are gay. I cannot avoid it. Story of my life.

I am also not going to go out looking for friends during this limbo period of the last few months of being in Ontario either. My luck I would actually find somebody, get attached and further complicate my move back to my old state.

I am just venting. Just frustrated. I know many of you fully understand this limbo frustration.

I want to take action and being stalled is frustrating and the lack of intimacy does not help. And by intimacy I don't mean sex. I am talking about that "connection" to another person where just having them in your life beside you makes everything worthwhile and valuable, even the tough times.

Just venting. I know many understand.

Stuck

2. Hand in Hand

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (*hug*) Wish I could help you in some way. :icon_sad:

3. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Stuck

You know that I know how frustrating being stuck in limbo but at least you have started the process of getting un-stuck and that’s a good thing.

Hang in there buddy were all with you on this so feel free to vent away, it’s good to get it off your chest. Perhaps also it helps those questioning guys and girls who are thinking getting married will cure them learn about the pain & suffering they are setting themselves up for if they go through with the marriage.

Sale Gay Guy

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel Stuck, I am exhausted from apartment hunting today, and the endless bickering and negotiating with the STBX.

Itgetsbetter...itgetsbetter...itgetsbetter...

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sale,

They would never believe us.

The machinations are so twisted, convoluted, and unyielding they are beyond words or logic to explain.

How do yo tell a 20 year old that the instant erection he can fake with a woman now is going to become a chore with a woman in a few years time. Yet the instant erection with a man is always easy. They would NEVER understand the hoops we jump through mentally, emotionally and physically or the frustrated longings and desires.

May as well explain COBOL (arcane 1960/1970 programming analogy) to a toddler. Throw in Pine, Elm and Vi for good measure. :slight_smile:

They would never understand it or believe we put ourselves through it.

A Rube Goldberg machine has nothing on us.

---------- Post added 17th Mar 2013 at 04:02 PM ----------

Hey greatwhale,

How bout a couple's massage, we could use it!

#5 skiff, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You ain't just whistlin' Dixie, Stuck (age-appropriate expression)...I'd get that and a lava-rock steambath!

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't want to go alone though. That would be frustrating. Go with somebody and connect and relax. As I recall you have that somebody so go for it.