1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transgender questions?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miles D, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Miles D

(*hug*) (*hug*)

2. Dazed

Dazed Guest

werent transformers robots. im not even sure.

3. Miles D

yeah! the crazy awesome dudes that were robots but could transform into cars and stuff. didn't you see the movie with Shia LeBeouf and Megan Fox?!

4. Bunny

LOL. Okay, that's hilarious.

5. Miles D

*bump* *bump*

I know there are more people with questions...
    :grin:

6. jblack

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry, no question that hasn't already been answered. I just wanted to thank you for starting this thread. I think most people have questions that they want to ask but are afraid to offend - so it's nice to have a place where everything can just be out in the open. Congratulations to you for being so cool about this!

7. ArabMan

First of all, I want to thank you for this enlightening post! It's very interesting!

I'm very curious about your fantasies. When you fantasize, do you play the role of a man with a penis (independantly of whether you're with a man or a woman) or did you picture yourself as a women at first and then switched to a man? Or any other option?

#67 ArabMan, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  8. djt820

With transexuals, Ive always been skeptical. Now, I know you feel that being transformed into a man is naturnal and was natural to your mind but I've always gone with the philosophy of 'If its not broken, why fix it?'. I can understand the emotional stress of wanting to be a different gender but why cant people accept who they were actually born as? I still have a mind set of thinking transexuality is unnatural for the most part. Im really not being incredibly ignorant about this because in the long run, its not my choice, just like my sexuality but you choose to change the gender for which you were born as and I still have complications with thinking thats naturnal. Please try and enlighten me.

9. Courtneyyy

The other day I thought of a question that I was going to PM you with, but then I forgot. Hopefully I'll remember.

10. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what I understand, it's not 'wanting' to be the other gender, it's BEING the other gender. I don't think of it as a problem with your mind - you were just born with the wrong body. It's correcting, not changing.

11. Miles D

umm, well because I'm so awkwardly mentally detached from my body, I tend not to think about sexual stuff often. (It's easier to "pretend" I'm asexual than deal with what I've got going on "down there".) But I definitely picture myself as a man. And when I do start doing sexual things, that's what I'll be... no one with be interacting with any part of my female anatomy. :grin:

12. Dazed

Dazed Guest

do you use a fake penis. and if so how does it work. like does it just sit in your underwear?

13. Miles D

Yeah, that was elegantly put, Maddy.
    The easiest way to put it is that I have the brain of a guy, but the body of a female. So if I could get a brain transplant that would make me feel good and secure in my own body, I'd do it in a second. But basically all I am doing is making my body match my mind. I "accept" that i was born female, but that's not how I feel inside. And you're whole "If it's not broken, don't fix it" doesn't work, because to an extent I AM broken. I mean I look one way but feel another. That's pretty broken if you ask me!
    PM me if you want to talk more :grin:

14. Miles D

Yes, I do. Right now it's just a "packer" but soon I'm making it into an STP (stand-to-pee device.) So, basically, it's not functional in any way except I feel it in my pants and you can see a slight bulge. But it's nice to know there is something there. It's hard to explain, it's just very comforting. :lol:
    I don't think it'd work if I tried to explain it, so I'll share a video of a guy's harness & packer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xDA5wjK5Ts
    :grin:

15. HalfInsane

Well for starters, I find it really, really admirable how open and confident you seem to be. :slight_smile: I wish I could have had even half that attitude a few years back.

As for questions, if you don't mind me asking, how did it feel going through puberty as someone who is transgender? (hoping that's not too personal?)

And secondly, in your opinion, do you think it would be better, in the case of a parent, to start their child off on hormone therapy early (as in around age 8-12, and seeing as the child wanted it), or to wait on it? I'm mostly factoring in parents here, as naturally it'd fall into their hands to make the decision at that age.

16. Miles D

Well, to go through the wrong puberty sucked :dry: I mean, it was bad. Think about what would happen if you had to go through the wrong puberty... YEAHH.

But personally I think that any child who expresses gender dysphoria should be taken to a psychologist and prescribed hormone blockers. I mean, if the kid then realizes that he or she does identify with the sex they were born into, then they can stop taking the hormone blockers and everything will proceed as usual. But then if the child decides to take hormones to transition to their true gender, then they don't have to ever go through the torture of going through the wrong puberty.
    Early intervention = the best. :grin:

17. djt820

Well, for some odd and dumb reason, I cant PM to regular or full members so I must post what I was pm'ing you about here. Copy and paste time:

Alright. Well, I dont want to offend you in any way. I just want you to know that now just in case I might because I really dont want to. Now, I get how you're saying that you were 'born with a male mind' but that fact is, you weren't. I mean, sure, you might of produced more testosterone than other females, but that doesnt change the fact that you were born as that and that isn't a fuck up in nature. Im kind of thinking of this as I would this example: I want to get some plastic surgery on my face because I feel that is what I need to be 'me' just a little more. To me, thats just superficial. What you look like and what you are perceived as in this society has no significance. There is no need to change what you were born with, in my views. I mean, If I had the chance to become straight again, I wouldnt do it because I accept who and what I turned out to be. Your thoughts?

18. Miles D

In my mind, it IS a fuck up in nature (or God, or prenatal hormones or whatever you want to call it). There is something in my brain telling me that I'm a guy.

See, the thing is, it's NOT just superficial. I feel like I should have gone through male puberty. I should be growing facial hair and have a deep voice. Why this didn't happen, I don't know. (well, I know physically why, but not why my brain is male and my body is male.) It's something deep within me as a person. It's who I am.

I completely disagree with this, and I'm going to try and voice my experience as understandably as possible. When people refer to me as "she" or when they use my birth [female] name, something inside me cringes. It's like someone is stabbing my gut, telling me that I'm a worthless piece of shit. I know that is nothing close to their intention; it's just my having a vagina + name on the birth certificate/name I answered to for 16 years. But it doesn't feel like that. It feels horrible. If I had not moved across the country when I did, I literally would have killed myself. I hate[d] being female with such a burning passion, I wasn't going to live as such for any longer.

I accept the fact that my brain is hard-wired for male-identification. I don't know how, or how your brain is hard-wired to be attracted to other men, but it just is. Whatever it is in your brain that tells you to pick out pants and boxers and collared shirt at the clothing store and tells you to act masculine or feminine at times, tells me that I'm a guy. And it's in everything I do; the way I interact with other people, the way I see myself in relation to other people, and every nuance of my being.

hope this helps. please keep asking questions, though. it helps me really think about things I don't usually like to, and helps me grow.

19. djt820

This is still hard for me to grasp. Hmmm.
    Well, what if you had no ability to change your sex? What would you do?

You said your brain is "hard-wired for male-identification" but what about other things that go on mentally? I mean, anorexic people who are about to die of starvation still think they're fat. Could the fact that you think you have the brain of a man have some sort of revelance of how this anorexic person thinks?

I think, the only reason you think you have the brain of a man is because of how you grew up. Thats a vague statement but think about it. Your name is a label that you learned and grew up with. Society's perception of genders and their roles; you learned those as you grew up. Practically EVERYTHING you know is a effect of your enviroment. If you were to be put into the age of the dinosaurs and be born in that time era as the same human form you were born as today, would you truelly and honestly think the same way you do now or do you think some things would be different?

Again, Im not trying to offend you, Im just trying to get some understanding done.

20. NathanHaleFan

Now, I'm not transexual, but allow me to rebutt several points.

1. You say that "the fact is, you weren't born with a male mind." Really, though, what kind of female mind looks down at their own genitals, rejects them as incorrect, and longs for the genitals of the opposite sex?

2. The fact that their mind is gender opposite to their body makes it quite clear that these surgeries are not to enhance their appearence because they feel "that is what they need to be 'me'" but something much less superficial. He already stated that if he could feel comfortable in his own body, he would change his brain, but since he can't, the next best thing is to change his body.

3. What it really boils down to is that, though you mean no offence, the thought process you used in your post is identical to that of many homophobes who declare that no one is born gay. We usually respond to people like that by telling them, "if you're not gay, then how would you know this?" Likewise, I think it is important to remember that if you're not transexual, you cannot make such remarks as "you were not really born as a male." If you're not transgendered, then how would you know this? Best to trust the actual transexual person; he knows what he is and he's no less sane than you or I.