1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender lifehacks [tips and tricks-thread]

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Raatox, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Raatox

Hi!

I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread for various tips and tricks.
    It could be links to good websites, blogs, youtube channels, passing tips, coming out tips or something else.

Simply things that worked out for you and that you want to share :slight_smile:

I start with this brilliant guide The FTM's Complete Illustrated Guide to Looking Like a (Hot) Dude

2. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice post! I'll be sure to try and remember everything I've found and add them later. :icon_wink

3. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's a few links I managed to muster up..

PrincessJoules was really helpful early on for me. Lots of good videos, especially her older stuff. She's also there for a good laugh when you're feeling a little under the weather.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/princessjoules

TsRoadMap is a HUGE site with a whole bunch of links everywhere that helps you plan out your transition and a whole bunch of other stuff that I didn't even see tbh. I honestly haven't seen a good 3/4s of this site but I figured I'd add it because it looks like a fairly good site..
    Transsexual & Transgender Road Map

A couple passing tips which might be useful.
    How to Pass as a Woman in 7 Seconds - Transgender Feminization Secrets Blog

The (general) effects of HRT for MTF individuals.
    Transgender Hormones : TransGenderCare Medical Feminizing Program

Hopefully some of these help someone. :slight_smile:

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Well, I'm pretty lucky a lot of this (first link) doesn't apply to me. Which means for the most part I can wear whatever I want.

I don't have very wide hips, my shoulders are really broad, and when 'that time' isn't near, my face is slim and passable. I look naturally masculine. Yay.

Anyways, one thing that sucks for me is I have tiny hands. And I hate it.
    So one thing that works is, wearing big jewellery on the wrists. It give the illusion of bigger hands. I wear spiked cuffs and such (being that I'm goth), but you normal people could wear a nice men's watch or something.

also, I found a flaw. They say tight-fitting pants make you look taller, which I agree with, but it's horrible for passing without a packer. I have no interest in packing to be honest, but I don't want people seeing my non-existent crotch. I heard of a trans guy who got outed that way.
    if your on T you'll pass. But if you're on T you will pass no matter what you do.

#5 NingyoBroken, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
  5. Alive

6. Lazuri

Honestly though, most people won't inspect your crotch that closely. Hell, most dudes would actively try NOT to look at your crotch if they see you as another dude.

7. Acm

Acm Guest

For people that are relatively flat like me, you can get away with just a single sports bra if you layer up.

Also wearing shirts/jackets/sweaters/etc that go down to your hips and sagging your pants just slightly can help hide wide hips. Cargo shorts are good for that too, plus they're more easily read as male since most girls don't wear cargo shorts.

8. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got a good one I used before I changed my name :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

When browsing government websites (such as sites for school, healthcare or things of the sort) you have to write and see your legal name, which might piss some people off. HOWEVER, if you download a logicial that changes ''badwords'', you can find a way around it. Just write your birth name in the badword column and write your chosen name in the change column. Now, even if your name isn't changed, you see your name on the official websites without being illegal :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Though, it doesn't change the pronouns, nouns and adjectives for people who use a gendered language such as French or Spanish)

9. Just Jess

If you are looking to do at home laser hair removal, avoid IPL. It is okay of it ALSO does IPL, but you need infra red to be effective. Remington makes one that is almost up their with what you can pay someone for. The good ones sting if they hit a thick or sensitive part. But nothing you can buy for yourself will hurt too much.

10. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might look for customer opinions before getting one. There are some where customers are very content with.

You might inquire with the manufacturer if there is a special medical grade gel for those devices, which studios use.
    It usually helps with efficiency and pain reducing.