1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Transference" feelings towards strangers

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by C281990, Aug 13, 2017.

1. C281990

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys:slight_smile: i really could use some help on this one!
    Basically i always follow the same pattern of falling for strangers i see more or less regularely and its quite a frustrating experience. I have realised its pretty much because of me wanting to be in a relationship so my mind keeps transfering all these loving and romantic feelings to a "safe" space which is a stranger.

I honestly dont know how to move on from here as i feel very stuck as i cant seem to be able to fit in these feeling into a compatible person...any advice would be really helpful!!!

2. C281990

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me again! Sorry for being annoying but i could really use some help on this one. Apart from identifying the fact that im longing for a relationship and that makes my projection towards strangers stronger i dontvknow how to move further

3. Samthing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do understand what you're going through. I had a similar experience a while back when I'd gotten out of a bad relationship to find myself craving a fulfilling romantic relationship. And because of this I transfered those feelings onto strangers.

The thing you need to address first and foremost is this desire to be in a relationship.
    Might I suggest joining clubs where you can meet people with the same interests as you or try online dating?
    You may find this transference goes away if you actively seek out a partner in the way that suits you

C281990 likes this.
  4. C281990

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for taking the time to get back to me!!i do get slightly frustrated and upset with online dating and groups as i like femenine girls which are just not there:frowning2:

5. Samthing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perhaps you're simply looking in the wrong places. Try joining a club or hobby group where you can meet people with similar interests. Don't give up hope, your dream girl is out there somewhere!

C281990 likes this.
  6. C281990

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is very kind thanks!!i am trying to just focus on my hobbies (sports etc) without much focus on lgbt as i just want to do things that make me happy regardless but i dont know if that is the best approach!will keep gettingout there :slight_smile:

Samthing likes this.
  7. Samthing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of course. Most of the time, love will find you when you least expect it.
    I met my girlfriend purely by chance when hanging out with a mutual friend and we've been together 6 months now.

It can happen to you too! Just keep doing what makes you happy and keep getting out there :slight_smile:

C281990 likes this.