1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans worries/issues/fears

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MusicIsLife, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MusicIsLife

Hey there, it's been such a long time since i've visited this site, hello everyone :slight_smile:

I really don't know how to put this into words, but a lot has happened since I was last on this site: I moved out, I moved back home. In between all that I had a friend that I knew only by internet come and stay with me (which was a bad move, i know that)

The thing was, she was a horrible person. I had told her in confidence a long time ago that I was Trans, but due to money restrictions there was nothing I could do in terms of starting my transition. While she stayed with me, she made a lot of really mean comments that to this day I'm having a hard time shaking off. Chief among them was her comment that I don't 'look' trans. This really angered me, and because I'm a pretty timid person, I didn't say anything.

But now, back home, I still want to transition, but apart from the money holding me back, the other issue is my family.

I'm very, very close to them. In addition, they're very closed-minded, and I'd lose a lot of them. I'm very scared and though I don't plan on coming out to them any time soon, the idea of beginning to transition and them finding out scares the shit out of me.

My mom knows but she only talks about it when our doctor asks her how I'm doing.

I'm not sure what sort of advice I'm looking for, maybe something to quell my fears. Thaks all in advance.

2. J Snow

Hey, I'm kind of dealing with figuring out/accepting being trans. I'm really unsure if I want to go through transition. My parents don't even accept that I'm gay =( I wish I had some real advice, but sadly I'm kind of going through this kind of stuff myself. I have a thread up if you wanna read more about my own thoughts/struggles. And if you ever need someone to talk to you should message me =) Good luck with everything! (*hug*)

3. Sadepeura

A few days ago I came across a video on youtube which I found really encouraging. I can't explain the video very well, but there is just this transguy talking about his feelings after his transition. I posted the video in this thread. I hope watching it would make you feel better and to give you courage.

Other than that, all I can say is that you should be proud of who you are. Only you can figure out who it is, but to most important thing is that you like yourself. If that involves transitioning, then that's what you need to do (and I am not necessarily talking about surgery and all the expensive stuff right away, but small things). But just be proud of who you are, because you're a beautiful person. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I am not sure how much I can help, but feel free to message me if you want, because I do care. And if there's anything I can help with (I can listen at least!), just ask. :slight_smile: