1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans: SRS/GRS for FTM, Pls Help!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by smprob, Jul 16, 2012.

1. smprob

Hi everyone,

I was looking for information on SRS/GRS for some time now. if you can pls help me with these couple of questions.

here in EC I found a post on SRS but it was mainly on MTF and less on FTM. I don't know if there are any that I couldn't find yet. Please tell me if there are any.

I also looked in Google and found some websites. I'm not from USA so I checked all, still lot in Asia and found they cost less, but I'm wondering about the quality though. Do you know anything about doing it in Asia?

However as I read, there are possible risks and complications and could not be guaranteed, I can't make up my mind if I really want to take the risk or , wait and see if there would be any improvements in few years.
    Have you heard anything about ongoing researches for improvements or any new ways or how to find-out it . Also pls tell me what you think of it.

Today I read a post saying that Google is not the best, when looking for FTM bottom surgery information bc there are outstanding options.
    So I thought it would be better asking from you. What do you think of having FTM: SRS/GRS and it's outcome, I don't mind any positive or negative information .

Also If you know any links to good resources, can u post here, I think it may help us all.

here's one I found today:
    http://transhealth.vch.ca/resources/library/tcpdocs/consumer/surgery-FTM.pdf

thanks. :slight_smile:

#1 smprob, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  2. Deaf Not Blind

I will read it too.
    IF people will post.

3. MusicIsLife

There's a clinic in Montreal that's very highly regarded for bottom surgery, it's called Le Centre Métropolitain de Chirurgie Plastique with Dr. Pierre Brassard. It's a private clinic for plastic surgery, but it's mostly known for its SRS and Top Surgery. __G__R__S__gender reassignment surgery

4. CrucioPureblood

Out Status:
    All but family
    I guess it depends on where you are and where you can go. I'm from the UK, and I know of people that are very satisfied with the results they've had here. There's a Dr. Curtis in London which I've heard is really good. Not sure how much he costs mind.. And I can't honestly say that I've looked into getting surgery done in other countries. But obviously, some places you go will be better quality, however that doesn't mean you should get it done. You need to decide how long you're prepared to wait for the surgeries to improve, and whether you think surgery is necessary at all. Because, no matter how good the surgeries get, there'll always be a risk of something going wrong. And, if they become more advanced, they may also be more complicated, further increasing the risk of an accident (for want of a better word).

It's all down to personal preference mate. Some people would rather get surgery as soon as they can, others would rather wait. Some people don't even feel that it's necessary. I suppose, if you're not desperate, then it wouldn't hurt to wait a few years.

5. MusicIsLife

Seconded CrucioPureblood. I'm really lucky that my province has a lot of resources for Trans people, and though there are parts of my transition I'm all for -- Hormones, top surgery, etc, Bottom surgery is something I won't be doing until the procedure improves. I don't know how much you know about Phalloplasty right now, but to me it reminds me of a balloon animal at the circus, and not in a good way either, which is why I'm waiting.

6. Deaf Not Blind

They had a typo..."crates" should have been creates. :/ hope they do better sewing than typing.

---------- Post added 16th Jul 2012 at 09:18 AM ----------

:grin:
    that is a good description.
    Yeah, they need to work on it.

---------- Post added 16th Jul 2012 at 09:20 AM ----------

true. however, I've had dozens of surgeries and none went awry. :slight_smile: so it is important a doctor is not a newbie.

7. CrucioPureblood

Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh yeah, of course. I didn't mean that a lot do go wrong, I'm just saying that, as a whole, there will be complications. Maybe not with every single person, but there's a chance it could happen. And I agree, to some extent. As long as the doctor's qualified and knows exactly what they should be doing, it's cool.

But yeah, as a general idea I'd say you're better off waiting unless you know that you'll be entirely satisfied with the result.

8. smprob

@Deaf Not Blind & @MusicIsLife
    yes I also agree on it from what I've read so far. You both seem to have gone through other surgeries could you tell me what you think and feel of them, outcome I mean.

@MusicIsLife
    yes I read about it but don't know that much.Like you I also seem to, not want to go through it based on what I found so far. Have you heard of any possible improvements in near future? :eusa_pray

@CrucioPureblood
    yes,I'm not desperate and it seems more wise to wait as you've said, but I just couldn't stop wondering why you said below,:confused: I'm just learning about this, I thought it reduces risks when more improvements happen.

@Deaf Not Blind
    Yes that sure is something I should remember, thanks a lot.:slight_smile:

9. MusicIsLife

@smprob Actually...I'm pre-everything xD I've just done a lot of reading.

10. CrucioPureblood

Out Status:
    All but family
    Yup, me too. I'm too young to even get any surgery :lol:

Obviously, I've not done enough reading though. If I'm honest, I have no idea how the improvements affect the risks. I suppose, some improvements would decrease risk, I just thought, generally, that if surgeries needed to be more advanced and complicated to get better results, that it would be, at least at first, more likely for something to go wrong.

I don't know though, I'm neither a surgeon or a medical professional. You're better off asking someone with more knowledge :icon_mrgr

11. smprob

ya really! ha ha I'm glad you aren't, we all r safe (!) until you are. :icon_sad:

It's OK, I don't mind, I just wanted to know your whys.

@MusicIsLife

It's OK , most of us are still learning I guess, sharing would be the best way to learn. anyway it helps me, so let's share what we know. :slight_smile:

#11 smprob, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  12. Pauline

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    laura's playground should have some info for you

13. MusicIsLife

^this. Also I'd recommend reaching out to your local LGBT youth group. They often have services for trans teens or young adults. I know for FTMs here in Montreal, they help you get cheaper binders, and a local trans friendly clinic has all sorts of support for Trans kids and young adults finding psychs and stuff like that. But if you're looking online for info--especially about taking Hormones, be very careful. I've stumbled across more transphobic sites than I can count, meaning that they make stuff up to scare trans people away from taking them.

14. Deaf Not Blind

my surgeries have included to open up closed urinary tract twice as a child, wisdom teeth impacted, a 3 inch long stick growing out my butt removed (funny but yeah true), and after accident had major ones.

the more practice a plastic surgeon has, the better he does the next person. A lesser hospital and I would have no leg.

---------- Post added 17th Jul 2012 at 04:14 PM ----------

i got a FB message from my other name, and a "guy" who claimed to be trans warned me DONT go through with it! All real men would love to have boobies! and other stuff. :confused:

15. MusicIsLife

:confused: wtfff. I was googling HRT stuff and I found a site that said "You will be bald, T will make you rape people and T will make you gay." among other stuff.

16. seeksanctuary

Welp... I did lose hair, and I am gay, but I have yet to rape anyone. Been on T since 2008. I think I'm good with the not raping people think.

17. Deaf Not Blind

nope, it is on the internet, so you have no hope.
    lets face it, if we have testosterone added we will not be normal gentlemen, we will become monsters, preying on women and men, and be ugly too!
    and you know how evil it is to be bald!

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2012 at 04:30 AM ----------

@ MusicisLife that guy i replied to him two or three times until he was done. perhaps he felt i was not going to cut stuff off by then, idk. i told him if he's a troll it is obvious he is uninformed, and said i will give you benefit of doubt and try to explain what i think.

cis-men may indeed for one full day, maybe annually, would like to have boobs to play with? think TV Joey Tribiani, a fake character. we can call it Be a Boob Day! okay but no normal man wants them everyday all the time! he would get teased, they would get in his way, and be uncomfy. A man who is straight will want them on girls though! as do I! fun to squeeze, not on me please.

he also talked about don't get a bottom surgery! oh they are bad...blah blah. well, i told him what i posted another thread here, i have no intention of having such, i do not want my arms cut with a big V scar a lll can see and know something happened, or have inferior cock.

yeah, i think he saw a post on a tars site i did to some transwomen to support them, and was actually a straight man, cuz he didn't appear evn on his fb wall to be trans.

18. smprob

Same here :icon_sad: and also I have to worry about, if there's enough to cut from my arm, if did, I fear only my arm bone would be left in that place, would they tell me, I need to get more fat for this one? :confused2: ugh me! :dead:

19. Deaf Not Blind

oh no!! your dancing banana has died! don't slip and fall! you don't want more surgeries.
    jk!