1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Or Fluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Snidi, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    How does somebody know whether they're trans or fluid?

It can be tough to know personal identity.

As experienced as a male @ birth:

1. I don't like having facial hair, and I like keeping my hair long.
    2. I have fantasized about wearing dresses and women's clothing and wish I could be accepted like that more
    3. I wish my face looked more feminine
    4. I have been curious about not having testicles, more indifferent about the penis.
    5. I don't usually mind when someone uses he/him pronouns, though occassionally I have
    6. The idea of being a woman 24/7 is intimidating. Perhaps more so due to societal expectations, but still.
    7. I am sexually attracted to women pretty much exclusively, and wish more would embrace the feminine side.

2. Hidden One

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I struggled with the same thing. I never really cared about pronouns most of the time when I clung to being genderfluid. It took me a while before I remembered the dreams I had when I was little. I wished I was male and thought it was weird. I would recommend identifying as genderfluid until you quite put your finger on how you feel. You don't have to do this but I give this advice from my personal experiences. Best of luck!

3. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could have pretty much wrote that opening post myself. When I first came to this site I was thinking i could be trans but now I think it's more gender fluid for me. Hope you find the answers.

4. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you! I wish for a better way to differentiate, it has felt so confusing sometimes.

5. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lemme know if you find an easy way to figure this out. Its so confusing. I feel like i'm more trans than anything else, but there's just the rare small little detail that confuses me. I have bottom dysphoria - always have, just never had a name for it - and i get gender euphoria but not so much pronoun dysphoria??? Or am i just used to it? As a child going through shit my main things to rely on were repression and denial cause having an opinion that wasn't mom's just wasn't safe in my mind. I feel like can i really be trans if i have traces of femininity....even if, asking myself the question "what makes me female?" or "how am i a girl?" stumped me. I've always felt different, separate from girls in school and couldn't understand them. But at the same time i'm not your typical boy either...

6. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I, myself, like everything on me from the neck up (facial hair and somewhat short hair), and while I like having a penis I do wish I had a feminine body and I also like to feel pretty. I still identify as a male, and likely always will in public, however, there are some online forums (not sex or LGBT related) in which I identify myself as a female without giving any indication as ever having been a male. Also, lately have started calling myself by a feminine name when I talk to myself.

7. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is why i identify as transmasculine. I'm mostly masculine with gender dysphoria and euphoria, but some days (like today) i have the rare, fleeting desire to be feminine in some capacity. Like today i wish i could find my old little designer purse and want to buy a new t-shirt from the juniors section or a pretty little blouse. But i can guarentee you by the weekend's past it'll be gone. Its very fleeting and very rare but its there, hence why i can't be comfortable completely identifying as a pure trans male.

EverDeer likes this.
  8. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I relate a lot to Alex James’ experience as well ^

other than that, in my mind, I think the only differentiating factor between your idea of trans of genderfluid/other is how you see yourself and what your goals are in living your life. There are nonbinary people who get HRT and seek to transition to passing as the other binary gender but still identity more as nonbinary. There are binary trans people who don’t have super strong dysphoria and maybe decide to only live openly to their close friends / family and don’t want to transition medically or physically for other social reasons, or can’t due to finances or other health issues. I think the labels don’t matter as much as just experiementing and finding out what you truly want and what kind of life would make you feel best. When I first came out as nonbinary, I still preferred binary pronouns more though that’s changed over time. I also didn’t think I’d ever want HRT, but now I’m starting to consider it more even though I’d still love to present more femininely. I don’t always mind when people misgender my pronouns, I can’t help but expect it because I’m AFAB and how I appear, it’s easier to “fit in” in society that way right now anyway.. I just don’t like being called a girl really. I have chest dysphoria, I wish I had a masculine body, and I’d like the ability to grow facial hair simply because it would affect how my skin looked and lead people to gendering me more male even though I would want to still shave it off because I still like a lot of feminine fashion and makeup, etc. ....

Anyway, I think what’s really important to notice about your post though is that no matter what you decide pursuing will make you the most comfortable in the future, you seem comfortable with expressing that you have these feelings and knowing that you’re not cis.