1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans* man questions?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Call Me Alec, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Call Me Alec

Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so I've recently come out to myself and have been wanting to buy masculine underwear, but i don't know what type to get! I have some boxers, but I want something I can wear with more slim fitting pants that won't ride up. I am worried about buying boxer briefs because my thighs are fairly large and I don't want to be uncomfortable. Does anybody have any suggestions? It would most appreciated! :slight_smile:

2. Tetra

Why not buy some boxers and try wearing them under pajamas and stuff first, to see how comfortable they are? You could get boxer briefs, but maybe in a larger size, so that they aren't uncomfortable and too tight for you. Try putting on baggier pants while wearing boxers during the day, for your own comfort. There's lots of possibilities, so it'll probably take some testing to find out what works for you.

Good luck!

3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wear boxer briefs, and they're immensely comfortable. Take a chance, go for boxer briefs.

4. stormborn

i like boxer briefs or trunks. trunks are nice because they're kind of between briefs and boxer briefs, and aren't really noticeable under pants, i find :slight_smile:

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Boxer briefs are extremely comfortable, and they don't fit tightly, but rather snug. I wear skinny/slim fit jeans all of the time, and they've never given me a problem.

6. birdking

i'm a boxer briefs guy myself

7. hiddenxrainbows

I wear boxer briefs as well. I like them. Sometimes I do wear skinny jeans, and it can be a little hard to put them on over top my underwear. But it isn't TOO difficult and I don't have a problem with them rolling up or anything, unless I go to the bathroom. Then, I have to adjust them again but it isn't too hard to. And they're not really noticeable either. But you might want to buy a few pairs of different types of underwear and try them out, to see which ones fedl better for you. Everyone has their own preference, after all.

8. earthlvr510

check out the athletic boxer briefs too, there part spandex so there wicked stretchy and more comfy and a bit longer than regular briefs so they don't ride up at all.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I own boxers and boxer briefs. Both are comfortable, and a modified form of the latter is perfect for my packer. What I did for my briefs was pop a few of the seams in the legs so they're roomier and it helped quite a bit.

10. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

My thighs are big too, but boxer briefs are still comfortable to me.

11. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also have big thighs (avid biker) and I have to be very careful about what boxer briefs I buy. My first instinct was to go for the shorter ones (sometimes called trunks), thinking that they have less material, so bunching would be less annoying. WRONG! The shorter length put the leg band at the widest part of my thighs and made them even more likely to ride up.

The full length ones are definitely better at staying down. For every day wear, I have Fruit of the Looms. Affordable and comfy. I have a few pairs of the athletic wicking ones as someone else mentioned that are great for jogging or sports. Neither of these options are particularly sexy though, so I still have a small collection of high-end briefs if I want to look cute!

I also don't know why nobody's mentioned regular briefs yet... They were my standard before bottom surgery and I only switched to boxer briefs because they are more comfortable with my new bits. There's nothing to ride up or get in the way of skinny jeans and there are many super cute options!

12. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    Boxer briefs all the way, or boy shorts.