1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tourists not welcome

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by beckyg, Aug 21, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

I agree. The Castro is one place where glbt people can live freely and it should continue to do so! I think the novelty will wear off pretty fast. Maybe too its really not the hand holding that people come to see but the Castro itself. It is a place with a huge amount of history and with the new MILK movie coming out, I suspect that alot of people are going to want to see it for themselves. I know alot of PFLAG parents who go there just for the history and to visit the HRC store. :slight_smile:

2. lcr guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

That's the thing, when you go to a tourist attraction that is an attraction not just for the buildings but for the culture/people, you're going to be interested in the people as well. I know I've taken pictures of tons of 'natives' when I go to unique places.

And as for the first comments: Look, on one hand we want equal everything, and the same treatment, yet we still separate ourselves morally and culturally. Excluding the media, which is just blatantly exploitational, heterosexuals promote strong values (like families, marriage, and don't flaunt sexuality as in certain parades (and no, I'm not talking about holding hands or kissing in public)). If that's what we want too, then we must show we're just like them--only love different people--instead of highlighting our differences.

3. SamAlex728

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: