1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 5 Things You Like About Your Body

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by squally89, Jun 7, 2012.

1. squally89

I recently started paying more attention to the Health and Well-Being section and I noticed a lot of threads are about body issue, weight loss, muscle gain, exercise etc. And maybe because summer is approaching (you wanna get that beach body), or perhaps we are exposure to so much "sexual" media these days we also have a degree of belief that we need to look a certain way (on ourselves and others).

When I looked at myself the other day after a workout, I realized I was again looking at my "flaws" and where I can "improve" on physically. My body is just like another person. I keep on telling "him" you are not good enough, yet I never acknowledge all the things I take for "granted" on a day to day basis. I realized as important as working out is, it is also important to take care of your mental well being towards yourself. Without proper acknowledgement and positive feedback you will not likely want to workout, or produce sustainable results (or alternatively, have great results, but harmful to oneself).

I created this thread to be place where you can think about all the positive things your body offers you. Think about it and give your top 5 things (its okay if there's only 3 or 4) you like about your body.

Here are my top 5
    1.) My legs can run 5KM (3 Miles) no problem under 30 minutes
    2.) I have small frame and I seriously don't need to go on a "diet"
    3.) My arms can lift 15 to 20 lbs dumbbells
    4.) My legs, and back allows me to bend in ways others find difficult
    5.) My body has survived my sometimes extreme methods of exercise/diet. It had not caused me to be ill and even when I'm ill and physical effort is required, my body can still maintained itself.

Thank you body and I promise to be more aware of your presence in my life.

2. Lewis

I've never really thought about the good aspects of my body, so I really like this thread.

1.) My eyes (they're a really dark brown almost black colour and I just think they're kinda unique)
    2.) My hair because it's naturally straight, but it does get a greasy pretty fast which is rather annoying.
    3.) My weight is pretty stable (I'm not skinny, but I don't really put on weight. I kinda just stick at the same weight.)
    4.) My teeth. I'm getting braces, but that's only for one minor overlap. I like them because they tend not to stain easily.
    5.) Finally overall I really appreciate that I've not got any serious issues (medical) with my body and feel for those that have to cover up and lack confidence when it comes to their body.

3. squally89

Thats awesome Lewissss!

---------- Post added 7th Jun 2012 at 07:39 PM ----------

When I wrote mine top 5 it made it me felt like a X-man lol

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -My eyes are a really nice colour.
    -My teeth are really straight and I've never needed braces or dental work.

...that's about it.

5. julia

I like my eyes, mouth, waist, and my hands? And sometimes I like my tits. Idk I'm a typical girl and hate a lot about my body.

6. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Eh, my therapist was just telling me to do this.

1. I like my natural hair color (red).
    2. I think it's cool my eyes can change from light blue, dark blue, steel gray and green.
    3. I have soft hands.
    4. I have a larger chest and that's nice I guess.
    5. I'm pretty squishy, so I can use the crook of my arm as a pillow and that's neat.

7. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    - My eyes have a green ring around them.

Can't think of anything else.

8. Keelin

hmmm... this could be interesting.

Well, I can't say I like much about my body, but...

1) I like my eyes, because of the hazel color.

2) I like my hair, because girls always curl their hair, and I only would have to straighten.

3) I can swim 100m in a pool very quickly [does this count?]

4) I can run 5k's in about 24 min.

5) I have straight teeth [umm... okay. I guess this works]

9. Route466

Route466 Guest

Great topic!

1) I like that I can run a 15k in less than 85 minutes without stopping.

2) I like how my tattoo fits my arm.

3) I finally have that "V" I've always wanted.

4) I like my eyes.

5) And above all else, I absolutely love my jawline.

Thanks for creating this thread. I needed to be reminded of what I like most about myself.

10. Hmm...

I know this should be a thread to make you proud of what you have. But, I can't say I like anything about my body. >_<

Let's try... *looks in mirror*

1) I guess I kind of like my eyes. They're green and that's my favourite colour. ^_^

2) I like my arms, elbow down to my hands.

3) My hair, it's fluffy. :grin: it's short and blonde, but soft, and styled into a faux hawk.

4) I like that I'm taller than the average male population.

5) My legs, because they're long and strong and good for hiking.

Yay!

11. Keelin

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

12. VireBlaze

Uhmmmm... This one's gonna need some thought...

1) I like how I can dance with a fairly good tempo. >w>

2) I like my eye color; kinda a grey-blueish.

3) I'm looking slimmer than usual, so I feel good about that. xP

4) I like how I have a fairly sharp jaw when I look past some of the chub. xD

5) I like how my stubble looks on me, actually.

13. MrHojalata98

Mine are like that too! They look black, the only time you can see that they are dark brown is when I'm under really bright white light :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:... And I too have grown to love my eyes, which is good because before I would think they were boring because the had no clolor, silly me , so 1) are my eyes 2) my hair, it's not curly it's more wavy than anything and people love to mess with it (love it when my crush does it x3) 3) my smile, people are always complimenting me on my smile, and that's always nice xD 4) my nose, lol i dont even understand this one but some of my friends have said I have a nice nose, it always make me laugh .... And that's pretty much it, to sum it up ... I like my face haha. Aside from that I have the average body for a 14 year old, so nothing to be proud if, still need to build up muscle.

#13 MrHojalata98, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  14. DanA

lol, I got some body issues... but I got some things I like. Just found out I weigh 230 lbs... oh my, I need to get rid of some poundage.

1) My eyebrows. I got mad control over my 'brows. Up, down, left, right, slantways, diagonalways... I can move them all over the place.

2) My scars. I am an outdoorsey, Mr. Fix-it type of guy. My hands are gnarled, my legs got some cool scars (a piece of rebar went into my leg when I worked construction in between semesters in college), and I have a mark on my arm from where a small piece of molten lead WENT THROUGH IT! How cool is that?

3) "endowment"... tmi? v.v sorry

4) My calves. They can lift 500 plus pounds... I gots me some powerful legs.

5) My height. 6'5"... tall, it's awesome. You should try it sometime :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    230 sounds fine for your height. A lot of people that tall seem to just be string beans.

Dude, mighty powerful legs! I'm jealous!

I wouldn't mind being that tall, though I'm a decent height myself.

Now me...

1. My face, though I am young-looking, I look innocent and harmless I think, which is great. I much prefer that to looking threatening haha.

2. I am flexible. Winning a limbo contest when you're average to above average height takes skill. I can still bend back like that.

3. I have a strong upper body.

4. I have a strong lower body (even when I was much smaller, I remember one time I let two people sit on one of my legs at once and it was no big deal lol).

5. I have a decent build, though not what it was back in the winter so I'm working to get back to that!

16. Kidd

Kidd Guest

1. My teeth. They are literally perfect. Everyone always compliments my smile.

2. My face/build. I look really, really young. I'm 21 and people always say I look twelve. It gets old sometimes, but it's not too bad. I like it.

3. More specifically, I love my nose. I used to hate it because I think it's too big, but now I love it. It's exactly like my mom's nose, and I know this is going to sound so maudlin, but when I'm old and she's gone, it will be nice to have something to remind me of her when I look in the mirror.

4. My waist. It's naturally tiny.

5. My hair. Everyone always says it's really soft. Everyone I know likes to play with it and run their fingers through it. (Even my straight male friends who always start out with, "No homo.." >.>)

17. stillaweirdo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1) I love my eyes. They're green and hazel, but the hazel looks orange.

2) My eyebrows have alway been really prominent on my face. They're a bit corky and cute.

3) My booty is rather.... erm.... Luscious for a white guy

4) My hair is pretty awesomeballs

5) My lips. Full and soft. Burt's Bees, yo.

18. Tycho

1 - eyes
    2 - hands (heheheheh)
    3 - calf muscles (best toned part of my body)
    4 - defined pelvic? bones (they have an androgenous ideal to them)
    5 - ehhh.....

My relationship with my body is bitter-sweet

19. Dovakhiin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have real difficulty with this.... But I'm-a give it a go.

1) I have small hands and feet which make me look petite.
    2) 5'1" and a half is a good height. Small enough to be dainty and petite, but not too small to be like a child (like my friend is).
    3) My hair is really soft.
    4) I like my eyes. I think they're my best feature.
    5) I suit a short hair style, which I like.

20. jsmurf

Hmm... trying to think but can't come up with any specifics. Sad, lol.

:frowning2: