1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too nervous around my boyfriend?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 3n, Oct 18, 2016.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love my boyfriend, and I would go to hell and back for him; but I feel I'm too tense around him (especially in public with PDA and such). Everyday I try to open up a bit more, but I'm always too shy and anxious.
    I think he may perceive this as that I just don't like him anymore, which is what I'm worried about. SO HOW DO I STOP BEING SO NERVOUS

2. Justinian20

Maybe your boyfriend might think that it's cute that you are shy and anxious around him because it means your heart turns to jelly around him because you love him so much.

But if you are worried just tell him that you are very shy in public and you feel really nervous around others with him and he'll understand if he loves you.

3. TigerStripes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're worried, just talk about it. That's all. No matter how much you'd rather stay quiet and worry, just rip that bandage off and do it.

4. ABeautifulMind

I would definitely say talk to him... It sounds a lot worse than it is lol, everyone who is gay has to some extent dealt with those same anxieties... He will understand...

And it is better that he knows the motivation behind your anxiety and tension, instead of him having to imagine what it is... Because if my experience has taught me anything, the imagination can be far more devastating than reality when it comes to things like this... He may think the worst.. and this definitely isnt the worst.. not even that bad... Because believe it or not, I was kinda like that with some of my girlfriends in the past... PDA anxiety is not strictly a gay issue... The things you are going through are pretty normal it sounds like, they are just being amplified because of the extra pressure as a gay couple...

This reminds me of a shirt I saw, Im Bisexual I have anxiety around boys and girls :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So in conclusion, just talk to him before things get unnecessarily complicated :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey 3n,

As ABeautifulMind and TigerStripes advised, talk to him about it. Communication is a key element in any relationship, so not telling him about your anxiety will likely only create problems between the two of you in the long run.
    The two of you could come to a mutual compromise. If your anxiety is too great, maybe he will be comfortable to agreeing to avoid PDAs. If you are willing to overcome your anxiety, however, he should be willing to work with you to take small steps to work towards eventually overcoming it. Like maybe agreeing to hold hands on a few occasions in public, then maybe doing that more often until you are much more comfortable with that. Then maybe you can work your way towards kissing him in public. But if that is TOO much for you, then just let him know what your limits are.

Good luck!:slight_smile: