1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too insecure or scared to present full time

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Katelyn93, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Katelyn93

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi,

So I've got this weird issue. I know I'm a transwoman, I've been on hormones and out for a year now. Majority of people around me know. I still look very dudely though and often end up in situations where I allow myself to boy mode again and be referred to by my dead name and as a man, in the moment I'm all like "it's okay, I can handle it" and sometimes it doesn't even objectively come to mind, but afterwards I feel disgusted with myself, I feel flat, I feel sad and angry and I feel like I've let myself down. Like I don't know how to just embrace it and stand up for myself or correct people or in some cases refuse to be treated as myself rather than a man.

I'm talking to my therapist, they are of the opinion that it's me being too critical of myself, basically looking for things that I can go "my voice/shoulders/face/facial hair isn't feminine enough to get away with it so I can't correct people or present everywhere yet." I'm working on that part as it impacts other stuff in my life too.

That said it often makes me question all over again, which I hate because I know but then I have commitment issues and it leads to this insecurity and aaaaaah. Loopy loop

I'm rambling, sorry and thank you for reading.

2. buzzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues. Life is hard enough without having the kind of issues you are dealing with. However, maybe with the progression of your HRT people may begin to take you more seriously as the woman you are. Also, there are times when you need to stand up for yourself and times when it's' better to let things be. I'm sure there will be other replies that will help you more than I can.
    Wishing you all the best!