1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too early to admit strong feelings?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by confused1234, Jan 7, 2014.

1. confused1234

Hey everyone.

I was hoping to get some relationship/dating advice. To start, a little background: I dated women sparingly when I was still playing the straight card but have never been in an actual relationship. Most of the time, I would go on one or two dates with a girl and then things would fizzle out for obvious reasons (romantically, I felt nothing for women).

This past September I figured it was probably about time to try my luck at dating guys. I went on five or six dates with one guy, and it was better than anything I've ever done with a woman, but I still didn't feel that "spark". I just wasn't that in to him.

Fast forward to today, and I've been talking to another guy for about two months now (texting basically daily). We've been on two dates (first a quick dinner, second about six hours together), and he has agreed to a third. I've told him that I like him, and he has said the same. But it's more than that. I think I'm developing some pretty strong feelings for this guy. The "spark" is definitely there, at least for me. I'm inclined to think it might be there for him too, because over Christmas break he said (on two occasions) that he missed me and wanted to cuddle with me. It was really cute :slight_smile:.

So what's the issue? I have this strong urge to tell him how I feel, but I'm not sure if it's too early. On the one hand, I don't want to scare him away. But on the other, I don't want to miss out on an opportunity by taking things too slow. I wish I could just enjoy this and go with the flow, but it's driving me crazy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Especially your take on whether this is too early to admit that I have strong feelings for him. Thanks!

2. Aquaman

Aquaman Guest

It's probably too soon to express your feelings for HIM, but instead you can express your feelings for the things you do WITH HIM. Tell him how you feel when you text with him, or how you felt during your first date, and the second time you were together for six hours. Talk to him about how you felt when he said he likes you and misses you, and of course, how you felt when he said he wants to cuddle with you.

Redirecting your emotions to the moments you have shared together instead of making him the object of your affection, will take the edge off and will not make it seem like you are coming too strong.

I can't wait to see YOU :eusa_naug
    I can't wait to hang out WITH you :thumbsup:

It's the same message, but one of them is smoother.

3. confused1234

Hmm...that's an interesting way of thinking. I think I'll do that. There was actually one moment in particular during the second date that I was thinking of earlier today.

4. Foster

I don't have much advice to give accept try to just have fun and go with the flow :slight_smile: I always think it's good to never take dating too seriously. On another note, you two sound really cute together ^-^

5. confused1234

Thanks Foster. I keep trying to tell myself to just go with the flow, but it's not working haha. Sometimes I wish I didn't think so much.

And I think we are VERY cute together :slight_smile:.

6. PalestrinaMX

I think it's fine to tell him that you have these strong feelings for him. It's not like you're telling him you love him. You could simply say something along the lines of "I feel something I've never felt before" Even though it's a little cliche, but cute.