1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too Comfortable?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CluelessOne, Nov 16, 2015.

1. CluelessOne

So I've recently had somewhat of an epiphany in relation to my sexuality and I finally got the courage to tell a trusted friend of mine. I really thought hard about this decision and was pleased when it went down well, however, I've now gotten comfortable with telling people and as a result I've told people without even thinking about it which I guess is ok but I can't help but get nervous about how it'll impact me or even if it'll make its way back to my parents somehow (Worst Case Scenario). My school is a unisex Male Catholic school and so there's a massive stigma against people like myself which makes me worried that if people are in friend groups other than mine or if they just generally go blabbing, what sort of effect that'll have on me.:bang::bang:

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I know, it's sometimes hard to stay closeted, especially once you've had that one breath of fresh air. I worry too, that I might be sharing too much. The rule I make for myself: Only tell if you are asked, or if you are particularly close, and can trust that it won't spread. If you are worried about it spreading, I would contact the people you have told, and let them know you're worried about that. (Idk the people you've told and what they're like, btw.)

#2 Linus, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015