1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my crush I like her, she said she used to have a crush on me but doesn't think she does anymore

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ameryllis, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all: I am a girl, she is a girl.

So basically I planned a hang out with my crush and at the end I told her that I have a crush on her, then I ran away (lol ik I am a mess).

It's also worth noting she did most of the pursueing beforehand and always texted first/asked a lot of questions/sent me a "gooood mornin!" text/always asked about my day.

She texted back 12 hours later explaining when she started having a crush on me and how she had a crush on me for some time, and how she had planned to tell me, and how she was sending me romantic signals.

Then she said she doesn't think she has a crush on me anymore, but nothing has changed how she sees me at all. And she said that she is annoyed that she doesn't have a crush on me anymore because it would be so ideal given that I like her back now. At the end she said that she appreciates my courage of telling her, because she planned to tell me but chickened out.

BUT I talked to her best friend after receiving her message who said that she was completely "head-over-heels" for me at one point, and talked about me a lot, and had planned to confess to me about 4 times during our hangouts (the last one being at a party I hosted and invited her to only 2 weeks ago) but chickened out all times. And her best friend thinks she actually does like me still but is suppressing it or is scared to admit it?

Anyyyyways, I have no clue what to think. Is there a chance she might still like me/could get back into me in the future?

tl;dr: my crush was sending me a ton of romantic signals for 3 ish months, I told her i like her yeterday, she sends me a text explaining that she used to have a crush on me (and planned to tell me) but doesn't think she does anymore

2. Hyrule Wayfarer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That probably wasn't helpful! But what you did was pretty brave!

It was only two weeks ago that you had that party. I wouldn't say it is too late, it is not like she stopped fancying you several years ago.

I reckon you telling her has made her feel shy about the whole situation. She now has to truly confront her feelings about you.

I would try and hang out with her again in person soon. Hopefully she will feel that spark again.

Ameryllis likes this.