1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To come out to my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BlackSwan, Dec 28, 2014.

1. BlackSwan

So I've being thinking about coming out to my sister but I just don't know how to do it. I guess I'll do it in a text message or something like that but I'm not sure about how to do it. The other night I wrote her that I had something to tell her but that's it. Now I don't know how to approach the subject in a text message or if I should write her letter. I hope we are going to be able to talk about it after that. (PS my younger sister already knows, but we had't the opportunity to talk about after and now she's far away for a couple of months).
    Any advice will be helpful :help:

2. AnnoNemus

Given that you already told her that you had something important to discuss with her, she may well broach the subject herself. If she does, just tell her. If she doesn't, I'd try to do it face to face, especially if you plan on talking about it with her afterwards anyway. If you live too far away for that to be a viable option, it would be simplest just to be up front about it. When I came out to a friend over Facebook, I messaged her asking if she wouldn't mind if I told her about something that bothered me a great deal. When she replied in the affirmative, I just came right out with it. Glad to hear you already had success with your younger sister, and I wish you good luck with your other (older?) sister! :slight_smile: