1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to become a full member after submitting request?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by HuskyPup, Dec 30, 2013.

1. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cool, thanks for the clarification. :slight_smile:

It's a little bit unusual in comparison to other sites I've been a member of (completely unrelated and much less personal) but it's easy to understand why you'd want members to "prove" themselves before enabling private communication considering the subject matter and potential for abuse.

2. setnyx

i haven't had any luck hearing anything about my full membership status or getting ANY of my questions answered from the staff. help please this has been going on since the 26 th of january. if i don't get a response soon i'm gonna give up.i did receive a message about i posted to my album being deleted.so what 's goin on. feeling ignored!

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It can take a while to process Full Member requests, and it should.
    This gives the staff a long period of time to observe your behavior on the boards to see if you'd be a genuinely good Full Member of EC.

Don't worry. You are not being ignored.
    The staff is busy. They'll get to you as soon as they are ready to.

#23 TJ, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  4. setnyx

don't hold your breath. i'm jaded.

5. duende84

I have been a forum administrator in various forms the past 10 years or so and my best guess would be that when you apply for full membership here your "forum presence" is scrutinised and investigated. They dont just look at the membership form and go "uuhmmm mmm mmm mmm all checks out let give this person a golden ticket". You get checked out baby... ;-)

But a thought just occured to me. Even if I am not granted full membership it will not really matter in the grand scope of things. I already feel so at home here and reading through all these personal experiences and stories has certainly boosted my morale and spirit to come out fully. It aint gonna happen over night but it surely helps the process along. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 8th Feb 2014 at 10:55 AM ----------

I can also imagine that being a staff member here is not a paid job. It is done out of sheer generosity and charity for the sake of being there for those who need a helping hand.

6. willycubed28

I understand your anxiousness. Believe me I understand. I have been waiting a lot longer than you, but I understand that they just can't give out full memberships. Just try and be patient with them. They probably have a lot to process and go through.

7. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What's the rush? It's not like you're in bad standing with EC while your membership is being processed.

I applied to be a full member as soon as I was eligible, but it's not like I'm sitting here refreshing every few seconds to see if it's been approved yet. Really, it doesn't have a major impact on anything. I'd like to be a full member so other users are able to contact me if I say something that they'd rather discuss privately. Seeing as nobody writes on my wall, I don't think there's an urgent need for that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's nothing personal -- if they had a problem with you I'm sure you'd know about it much quicker.

8. LD579

We're not ignoring you. TJ said it all. Staff will let you know what we've decided once a decision has been reached.

Yes, we're all volunteers.

9. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Just wondering if you all received my application to become a full member?

10. LD579

We have received it. As with everyone else, you'll be notified once a decision is reached. Thanks! =]